• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Marc's XR10 "The little Tank"

Not reall good with the language in the link but essentially an insualting spray "thumbsup"

I havent used myself but have used liquied elctrical tape and has worked but would add weight where your solution does not. Hope it works for you.

Still have an issue with the original gearboxes. the bearings have a loose fit in the gearboxes. i try to fix this. Until this is fixed, the VP gearboxes will stay in my XR-10.

Here is my solution for the loose fit of the bearings in the gearboxes.

I put a thin coat of a CA clue on the outside of the bearings without installing them. I let the clue dry and press the bearings with dried clue into the gearboxes. This works well and the bearings have a tight fit in the gearboxes.

A first driving test was successful "thumbsup"

here is my new RTR weight with plastic gearboxes and two FXR esc's instead of the punk dig.

weight including knuckleweights...

file.php

...excluding knuckleweights...

file.php

The lower rear links of Jake's 2013 chassis inspired me to do a unusual test: Straight lower rear links :shock:

545157CC-05AA-4E1A-859D-BF63EAF35B69-7357-00000183E8DF0AF7_zps79b6c3d0.jpg

I made them out of a 5mm carbon rod and used long traxxas rodends which i glued on the rods with some CA glue.

file.php

file.php

file.php

new weight including 80g of knuckleweights...

file.php

...and for my flat front shocks I use 5000wt gear oil...

file.php

The first test at Sense-River was surprisingly good. The shocks worked well and I had absolutely no problems with the straight links. They almost never touched the rocks. And when they did, they slided perfectly over the rocks. And I really tried the hardest gates and edges we drive at our spot.

I don't know if they are stable enough when you throw the rig down the hill. but if no, I simply take 6 oder 7 mm carbon rods :mrgreen:

BR from rainy Switzerland... Marc

Are you still running the 5.25" front and rear with soft outers?

Last edited:
Very nice! I'm curious, do the straight rear lower links stop the rear tires from digging in to much on vertical climbs?

Thank you!

Difficult to say... but I think so. I just can say that there are no issues with straight links... and it feels like you get more pressure on both axles. but that is just a Feeling I had during the run. i'm not sure about this.

I will keep them on the rig for sure :mrgreen:

Are you still running the 5.25" front and rear with soft outers?

Yes. Front and rear have the same foams. Crawler Innovations 5.25" closed cell inner foam narrow, outer foam soft.

This is really soft. It is important to have a low weight rig when you drive this Setup. I still have ideas to go down a few gramms. but not much. It feels really good with weight around 1700g RTR including 82g of knuckleweights.

I'd love to see a video of you cycling the suspension but just by hand instead of on the rocks. From the other videos you've posted it looks like it works great! I love what you've created!

Marc, how is the 5000 wt silicone working out in those front shocks? I've got some 3000 and some 5000 that I'm wanting to try.

It feels good. The axle got more stability and better control than with 90wt I used before. The shocks still move fast enough. but I would only use a hard oil like this, if your shocks are in a extreme flat position like on my rig. If you still have the same shock position like on the following pic of your rig, I would stay with 50wt up to 90wt max.

233463d1365284708-uploadfromtaptalk1365284706118.jpg

I'd love to see a video of you cycling the suspension but just by hand instead of on the rocks. From the other videos you've posted it looks like it works great! I love what you've created!

I can do a video like you asked for. But what do you expect from this? You can see much better how good a suspension works, if you can see it in action on the rocks than when it will be moved by hand...

Thanks for liking my rig! There are still a few ideas to make the rig lighter and better working... but almost no time :shock:

I'm actually running them like this:

Hey that looks cool "thumbsup" With this shock Position I would try the following: Front 3000wt, rear 90 or 100wt. Did you already some test runs with this Chassis? is it custom made? You should put some Details in your thread. Looks really interesting. It is a bit similar to my Setup"thumbsup"

my latest News...

I sealed all my opened electronics with "Plastik 70" spray. This saves the electronics from water issues.

file.php

...and then I will install machined shock pistons from Axial the next few days... no idea if they make the shocks work better... testreports will follow...

file.php

Back