• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Marc's XR10 "The little Tank"

I have a thread called Wicked Monkey's LP chassis. Your's was the inspiration actually. I have run it and there is a vid in that thread. Thanks for the suggestion on the shocks, I'll give that a go.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2

I can see how well it works on the rocks and it has me curious. You've put the pictures in of the maximum clearance height and the normal resting height, I'm mostly just over-curious how the whole system responds to the simple cycling of the suspension. Maybe I'll just have to get my own, right? Any plans for that by the way?

you are right... the best way to find out if you like a rig ilke this is getting your own :mrgreen:

Manu (racer_zh) is working on a machined Version of my shape-shifter 2.0 Chassis. Perhaps we will produce this Chassis official for selling. Details will follow.

my latest News...

...and then I will install machined shock pistons from Axial the next few days... no idea if they make the shocks work better... testreports will follow...

file.php

I am definitely interested in your thoughts on these after you have had a chance to run them.

The new machined pistons work great in the plastic shock bodies and even better in the aluminum bodies "thumbsup"

This is an awesome build, what is the length of the shocks eye to eye after the rod end extension?

Here we go with some new body work. I try to find out, if a very low or a higher mounted Body is better to avoid rollovers...

Here are some pics of my new solution. the rear end of the Body will be fixed to the Chassis with a rubber band. this way the Body is still a bit Flex but does not flopping around too much... the rubber band is still missing on the pics...

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

The "spaded" bros. are posing :mrgreen:
file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

your car looks simple and effective!

congratulations :)

p.s. you use the tires in that direction? i like it in opposite direction :)

:)

Thank you!

At the beginning, I used the tires in the same direction like you do it. When the edges of the Profile were a bit round, I changed the direction and had a bit more grip again. but this is just a question of time. I think both directions work good.

A short test with the new Body shape was negative. so i had to cut the new Body in a similar shape like the last one. This solution works better for rollovers.

file.php

Then i tried to reduced more weight. First I drilled the motorplates. But they are only 1g lighter than before. So not really helpful :oops:

file.php

More interesting are the milled motor cans. They lost over 20g each! they are still stable and you do not loose any torque or topspeed. You just loose a lot of weight :mrgreen:

file.php

file.php

file.php

Here we go with new RTR weight including 41g of knuckleweights each side.

file.php

How thin did you make the cans?
>20gramme seems to be alot of material to loose?

hi all

here i come with a sad and a good message...

the sad one: i decided to stop the development of my "shape shifter 2.0". There were some issues about Flex and durability of some parts. And almost no really helpful solution to fix These issues... so R.I.P. "shape shifter 2.0"

and here we go with the good message!: "shape shifter bodyless" is Born "thumbsup"

The whole Chassis is made of 1.5mm carbon. It's simple construction makes it light and almost no Flex.

The mess of different spacers will be solved soon with axials alu spacers.

here we go with the first pics:

file.php

Custom made Carbon front links...

file.php

nothing Special here... :mrgreen:

file.php

Panels with clothing Sponsor...

file.php

some Details of the Chassis...

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

Looks mean in that first pic on the rocks, sort of looks very stealth looking. I like it, hope the new bodiless design works well for you. Skid looks great, very nice.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hope the change goes well for you. I was loving the Shape Shifter 2.0! It will be interesting to hear how the two chassis' perform differently and which you like more.

Last edited:
Last Sunday I finished in 2nd place behind Manu (racer_zh) at the first comp with my new Chassis "shape shifter bodyless".

I'm really happy how this Thing works on the rocks. some development is still to come. but the Chassis it self will stay like it is.

Here are a few pics from the comp. A Video will hopefully follow.

It was also my first try with Boss claws... i will never go back again to rovers. Boss claws work much smoother :shock:

Short update after a Training day on Susten Pass.

- Changing Shocks positions on the Chassis
- Move Dig functions from trim Switches to Lever Switch
- And some sweet new carbon lower links

Before new shock Setup...

file.php

...and after Setup changes...

file.php

New rear carbon links

file.php

...and the solution for the front links... (i have to grind them more smooth. the rear ones look much better)

file.php

Back