• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Marc's XR10 "The little Tank"

Why not shave off the bit that you put the carbon rod into at the bottom of the rear axle? It comes off clean. Do you keep it because of potential hangup between the axle and the motor?

This rig is very well done! Looks like your tires would be into the shocks with more steering. What's your plan there?

to be honest, there is no plan already :oops: the only Thing i will do is to narrow the voodoos. i want to make them the same with like Boss claws are.

that will help in this case. pictures will follow.

Why not shave off the bit that you put the carbon rod into at the bottom of the rear axle? It comes off clean. Do you keep it because of potential hangup between the axle and the motor?

yes, you are right. this is the reason. did you cut this bit off? what is your experience with this mod?

Carbon addict.. my kinda guy! Yet no CF servo or motor guards!? :D

I have cut that little bit off. Even ran it that way with a HH 400(454) puller. Bout 1" in diameter.. no issues.. I actually felt/feel it had/has less hang ups. Less too hang up..

yes, you are right. this is the reason. did you cut this bit off? what is your experience with this mod?

Yup, I shaved mine off and smoothed it. I do not notice any ill effects from doing it. It looks cleaner and it is just that much lighter, even though it isn't much. Not even sure why it is there in the first place...another Axial goofy design item if you ask me. Also, it sits above the lower link plane so it usually isn't ever an issue.
tu6e4u2y.jpg
haqa4ebe.jpg

Last edited:
narrowing the voodoos is done. there is much more space for nice steering angle. driving test will follow. i cutted 3 rows of Pins and inner and outer foams both sides around 3mm. all 4 wheels together are 395g now :mrgreen:

For glueing the tires, i used ic-2000 from amainhobbies. works perfect!

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

today we visited our Italien crawler friends for a competition.

i was able to finish in 3. place. still did some stupid mistakes but i'm reallly happy with the result and how my new Setup works. i think this is the best Setup i ever had on my truck.

index.php

here is my last mod for this season. last sunday i got my new Teflon skid from manu (racer_ZH).

Thanks to Manu for super quick delivery "thumbsup"

This Thing is super slippery and i'm looking Forward to the first test on the rocks!

index.php

index.php

The Spanish Nats are already near. So i did my last updates on my truck:

New lower front links (4.5mm wide instead of 4.0mm). The new design also gives more space to the tires
index.php

replaced the RC4WD gear (final gear stage) with lightweight machined axial gears (front and rear). The RC4WDs were almost killed:mrgreen:
index.php

Built in a set of Holmes BR-minis instead of FXRs. Nothing more to say about this...
index.php

...and made some new sidepanels. simple ones like always :mrgreen:
index.php

index.php

index.php

My plan is to Keep the truck like this for the whole 2014 season... we will see...

i wish you all a successful start of the 2014 season! i'm looking Forward the some great comps!

Marc

Congrats of the fourth place in Spain Marc! THe rig looks killer in person. I love those lover CF links! :mrgreen: Good to get knowing you too. "thumbsup"

Congrats of the fourth place in Spain Marc! THe rig looks killer in person. I love those lover CF links! :mrgreen: Good to get knowing you too. "thumbsup"

Thanks Samu! Only the Shootout mode on the final course made it possible for me to reach 4th place. After qualification i was on 8th place. So i was one of the lucky guys to start with 0 Points for the final ;-)

AND!: Congrats to you for your double victory!! Perfect Event for you "thumbsup" The BULLY 2 axles work great! Also good to knowing you!

I like my lower carbon links too. they work perfect and it seems that they are extremely durable too...

Here we go with a few impressions of my rig on the spanish rocks...

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

My Final run...
<IFRAME height=315 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kP7tk2BZh1w" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Course 2 (second Driver on Video)

<IFRAME height=315 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5_F-UkKY1Ok" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

It was a great Event. Perfect weather, many nice People, fantastic Food at the beach Restaurant and endless grip on beautyful rocks "thumbsup"

great job Mark! "thumbsup" fourth place by only 2 points if I'm not mistaken.

what is the next event on your calendar? Nordics?
now I'm going to study your videos :mrgreen:

great job Mark! "thumbsup" fourth place by only 2 points if I'm not mistaken.

what is the next event on your calendar? Nordics?
now I'm going to study your videos :mrgreen:

hi Gabriele
Thanks! Luck was with me ;-)

We will have some comps in Switzerland in Spring and Summer. Most important are the Swiss Nationals on Furka Pass on the 16.-17. of August. Would be a pleasure to meet you there "thumbsup"

Then I like to drive at the "BIG" in France. And the Nordics would be great too. But i have to Keep an eye on my Budget... we will see.

Thanks Marc, I've recently heard Ivo and Thomas, and they gave me the Comp. dates "thumbsup"

There are many events on the calendar and I have yet to define my program, but I'm sure to be in for the Nationals on Furka, and I'm also considering some fun comp. :mrgreen:

Hi Gabriele

Great to meet you at Furka. The comps in the mountains are all great. So if you have time, you are always welcome in the swiss mountains for fun comps too "thumbsup"

BR, Marc

Back