• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Dasco's xr10 build

Man I wish you told me that before I spent "me pot o gold" lol.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Finally got a break in the weather and used my backyard practice spot...man I really like the new set up...I'm able to do stuff I wasn't before ..the silver fronts & blue rears just works. The white pistons in the rear helped to smooth things out.

Last edited:
Wish I could score a set of the rc4wd covers .. I'd imagine it's a unicorn item at this point tho...lol...but yeah it for fun basically. I also think it would be cool to get the weight as low as possible.

Plastic housings are lighter if youre really hunting grams.

Found the weight bias point ..seems to be on par with other successful crawlers I've read up on..cog is pretty low and nearly balanced from left to right.

0556e538f8d6e02ae2d6e26043c7f441.jpg

That's with no slugs or outer weights on the Dlux knuckles. I will probably switch to carbon fiber lower arms in the future

Found the weight bias point ..seems to be on par with other successful crawlers I've read up on..cog is pretty low and nearly balanced from left to right.

0556e538f8d6e02ae2d6e26043c7f441.jpg

It will never work....

Looks like you don't need any knuckle weights."thumbsup"

It will never work....

Looks like you don't need any knuckle weights."thumbsup"
Lol..thanks dude...I'm debating on getting the aluminum knuckles or some wraith chubs and knuckles...also talking to Erik about some prototype stuff..but I don't know if I can afford it :/

Found the weight bias point ..seems to be on par with other successful crawlers I've read up on..cog is pretty low and nearly balanced from left to right

Newby question, why bias towards the rear ? Won't that cause more turtle flips ?

Hang up and Drive

Newby question, why bias towards the rear ? Won't that cause more turtle flips ?

Hang up and Drive
The weight is toward the front mcE..if you look closely at the pic you'll see where I placed the point to balance it on. Imagine 1/2" forward of the point and the rear would drop..1/2 behind the point and the front would fall. It basically is to show where the break over of the crawler is located....I could be dead wrong tho...LMAO..maybe someone will either second what I have said or correct me [emoji12]

OOPS, small phone pictures, mine is biased almost the same, now that I look !
1a6681cc87f114506868e892b8b7fb7f.jpg

Hang up and Drive
Looks good man..it should do really good for you..that's about where you want it. Your cab looks further forward than mine so it has plenty of front weight[emoji106]

Last edited:
Nice mcE...I see your from the Everglades...real close to my old stomping grounds and where I grew up..southwest of lake Okeechobee

Received a new set of aluminum hollow balls for the links and shock ends....I ordered red..the package says red ..but they look purplish!!.....I'll post some pics later[emoji36]

Hope the aluminum screws are a little purplish too....or I'll have to go a different route

Last edited:
Robbob..where can find that .05 shim for the shock MOD

Thank you sir

@ dasco where did you order those balls I've been trying to locate some different screws in colors but no luck actually like how it looks way to go man

Back