• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Another XR10 Build by a Total Noob

Dont discount the FXR yet. There are still parts out there to be had. Hot Racing is still selling some upgrades and a lot of local shops still have NOS sitting out back and would be happy to sell them, get all the axles you can. I would look at robbobs posts he has some great info in them. Also the 2 bolt mod is amust if you dont do the front axle in the rear. I run a front axle out back also. The stock gears wont last long they are junk metal. Put the small brass bushings in place of the little bearings. These are what fail and cause TOTAL destruction of the gears. When they fail the tiny balls migrate all through the dif and destroy the gears. The bushings will need maintanance (replacement) once a year. The only parts on my rigs that are stock are the axle housings. I have 5thD chassis, smashed FXRs, HH 16 turn Crawlmasters, Traxas big bore shocks with mini t pink springs all around, ( never had a leak from these shocks) Bully carbon fiber wheels, Titanium links, HR hardened and lightened gears, and a Castle BEC. My radios are Sanwa MT4 sports, ( love the lever for front/rear digs) Once you get used to driving it you will love it. Welcome to MOA"thumbsup"

So I still haven't driven this rig..... It is on the shelf at the moment while I wait on a lot of spare parts I got in an auction I won. Hoping to find enough stuff to have on hand so I can actually drive it without concern of it breaking and being down forever because either I won't shell out or I can't find a part. I am putting a dig in my wraith though while I work on learning to drive with that

Back