• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
Looking good.

I printed the same tray for my VRD. Had plans to make my own to put the battery behind the transmission but that file is close enough and saved me a bunch of time designing one. I did trim that boss on the back of the transmission case to make more room for the battery. It is only there to help connect the dig kit and I'm never putting dig on my VRD. Hard to tell from the pic if that would make enough room for the battery to sit flat on the tray or not.
Thanks!

Interesting. I didn't even look at the protrusion from the trans. I do believe that eliminating it would allow this battery to sit flat. I will have to check it out then. Thanks for the tip!

The battery not sitting flat was the one thing that I did not like, but once I put that strip of velcro on, that problem went away. I double up on the battery hold downs. Had packs slide or pop out of the truck too many times.

You could probably just file that part of the transmission case though.

I remember you giving me crap about mismatched hardware and here you are using cap heads right beside button heads.
You are SICK for pointing that out! :ROFLMAO:

You know I hadn't noticed. I do know that the cap head screws were right there within reach, and more importantly, finding distance. Definitely going to have to switch these out for button heads now that you say it!

Back