• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

blandon's DLUX XR10 Build

Gears just came back from a trip to see rob b from SMW. Absolutely awesome machine work, these look KILLER!! I should get my gearboxes put back together tonight.

Attachments

• 115.jpg
    115.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 662
Here is a weight comparison between a set of Hot Racing gears and the RC4WD lightened gears milled by SMW.

Attachments

• 232.jpg
    232.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 654
  • 233.jpg
    233.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 631
18 grams of weight savings over a regular set of hardened gears! NICE!! I should have weighed the RC4WD lightened gears before I sent them out so the only comparison I have is to the regular Hot Racing gears

These Krazed Builds mounts work awesome and look awesome!!

Attachments

• 128.jpg
    128.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 586
  • 127.jpg
    127.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 627
The weight of the rig is almost down 1 LB. from when I first got it built.

Attachments

• 131.jpg
    131.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 597
Just want to give a shout out to RobBob!! These link mounts are impressive!! I would have never thought mounts could make such a difference but what I noticed especially on the front axle was that I could get my servo more level and it helped not only the balance of the rig but also break over ability. With all the testing I've done, the rig is set up the best it has been right now. I may even get second to last place this Sunday!!!!!!

Just want to give a shout out to RobBob!! These link mounts are impressive!! I would have never thought mounts could make such a difference but what I noticed especially on the front axle was that I could get my servo more level and it helped not only the balance of the rig but also break over ability. With all the testing I've done, the rig is set up the best it has been right now. I may even get second to last place this Sunday!!!!!!

Thanks for the kind words. Cant wait to see it in operation sunday.

"thumbsup"

Picked up some Shift Hubs from BC Brian at the Rock Island Spring Fling this weekend. I have contemplated these for a bit but then seeing them in person I just had to have them!! I love the adjustability factor and removing some of the wheel slop. Thanks again for letting me try that Super, your gonna cost me a lot of money now!!!:shock:

Attachments

• 132.jpg
    132.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 494
Picked up some Shift Hubs from BC Brian at the Rock Island Spring Fling this weekend. I have contemplated these for a bit but then seeing them in person I just had to have them!! I love the adjustability factor and removing some of the wheel slop. Thanks again for letting me try that Super, your gonna cost me a lot of money now!!!:shock:

Was nice to meet you man. I am glad you liked the shifts and that I remembered to bring them so you could pick up a set. If you have any questions on them feel free to drop me a PM. As for the super, like the drug dealers always say "the first taste is free" :twisted:

It would be great to have a few more drivers in that class, setting up a super course at one of our events would be a ton of fun.

had a rough practice session tonight, blew some teeth off the gear on the upper shaft and a tooth came through the rear axle case like a compound fracture!!

Attachments

• 134.jpg
    134.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 399
  • 135.jpg
    135.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 331
  • 136.jpg
    136.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 362
Back