• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

blandon's DLUX XR10 Build

I crawled with the rig a little and decided to lighten the load a little bit. I am not looking to do a featherweight, would just like to get it right around 4 lbs. So I am looking to lose around 10 OZ. so here goes. I saw these motor plates on Purps thread and liked them instantly so I checked out Krazed Builds (Robbob) website and ordered these and the brace under the servo. These parts look even better in person and the fit and finish is excellent. Thanks Rob!!"thumbsup"

Attachments

• 072.jpg
    072.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 449
The next thing I decided to change were the gears. I went with RC4WD lightweight gears and added in Axial lightweight final gear for front and rear.

Attachments

• 073.jpg
    073.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 462
Just by the tire narrowing I saved almost 2 OZ. I cut and shut 4 narrow and 4 ultra narrow so I can try different combinations and pin trimming to see what works best. Also narrowed down wheels to .75. Included a pic of stock, narrow, and ultra narrow Voodoo for people who have never seen a side by side size comparison.

Attachments

• 071.jpg
    071.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 450
  • 070.jpg
    070.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 441
  • 067.jpg
    067.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 442
  • 068.jpg
    068.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 457
I know what many of you are going to say, You would save weight by getting rid of all the VP stuff, and I know that but I like that S#%@ so I am going to see how light I can get it with the VP stuff on it. I have a ton of stock XR parts and brass inserts so if I decide to change later I can. Just want to see how this works first.

Sold my HH Torquemaster Pro motors and had Holmes build me a set of Puller 400 motors. The weight difference by changing out the 2 motors is 162 grams. That is one massive savings right there!!:shock: The motors should be here by Tuesday so I will update pics next week. Also decided to change battery location to the front axle, not for weight reasons but it was a pain in the ass to change batteries between runs.

I know what many of you are going to say, You would save weight by getting rid of all the VP stuff, and I know that but I like that S#%@ so I am going to see how light I can get it with the VP stuff on it. I have a ton of stock XR parts and brass inserts so if I decide to change later I can. Just want to see how this works first.

Now that is a great statement ... Good for you bro good job keep going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That should be pretty close to your 10 oz mark maybe more just with those mods .... And you should still be safe and reliable ...nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I crawled with the rig a little and decided to lighten the load a little bit. I am not looking to do a featherweight, would just like to get it right around 4 lbs. So I am looking to lose around 10 OZ. so here goes. I saw these motor plates on Purps thread and liked them instantly so I checked out Krazed Builds (Robbob) website and ordered these and the brace under the servo. These parts look even better in person and the fit and finish is excellent. Thanks Rob!!"thumbsup"

Happy you like them, Thank you for the support.

Rigs coming along good, hopefully get to go up against it someday.

Thanks man, it should be nice and tunable and it's nice to know I can change weight in either direction at that point.

Happy you like them, Thank you for the support.

Rigs coming along good, hopefully get to go up against it someday.

Thanks Again, and I have the feeling you may see the rig in person this year. Now I just need to practice, A LOT!!!

Nice build I can say I was at 3lbs 12oz. Rtr 2 years ago now I,m at 4lbs 2 oz simply from breaking alum. Screws titanium shafts and gears and replacing with steel etc. I would say my magic number is 4lbs 0 oz. even for best handling.

Comcastboy "mark" has a all vp alum. Including the toppers like you and he weighs 4lbs 1 oz lighter then me and the vp bling is nice and bult prof :evil:

It's really nice to see your build and how your progressing through it now we need video of it running :mrgreen:

Nice build I can say I was at 3lbs 12oz. Rtr 2 years ago now I,m at 4lbs 2 oz simply from breaking alum. Screws titanium shafts and gears and replacing with steel etc. I would say my magic number is 4lbs 0 oz. even for best handling.

Comcastboy "mark" has a all vp alum. Including the toppers like you and he weighs 4lbs 1 oz lighter then me and the vp bling is nice and bult prof :evil:

It's really nice to see your build and how your progressing through it now we need video of it running :mrgreen:

Thanks, I feel like 4lbs. will be the sweet spot for this rig. I should be able to get it on the rocks at the end of next week so I can't wait to see how the improvements have changed handling. I was out with it a couple weeks ago with stock Voodoo's and the heavier weight and it worked really nicely, but I could see some areas in need of improvement. Thanks for following the build. This is the first time I have ever documented a rig I've built and it's cool to get feedback and to follow other builds. This forum has a wealth of knowledge from so many great drivers and fabricators."thumbsup"

you can also turn the shocks upside down,that way you get more weight lower on the rig...
just a thought

Possibility, but I like to make sure the piston always stays in oil, more chance of bubbles when they are upside down

Possibility, but I like to make sure the piston always stays in oil, more chance of bubbles when they are upside down

Longer shafts and shims under the pistons inside?

Or 2-56 screw in the cap with bladders and bleed the air? But there is clearance hassles upside down Im pretty sure when you articulate.

Transmission weight without light gears and carbon motor plate: 104 Grams

Attachments

• 074.jpg
    074.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 374
Tranny going together with new parts

Attachments

• 076.jpg
    076.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 371
  • 077.jpg
    077.jpg