• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

blandon's DLUX XR10 Build

Tranny weight after light gears and carbon motor plates:98 Grams. The lightweight Axial final gear is also 3 grams lighter than the RC4WD final gear. So by adding these parts to front and rear I shaved off a total of 18 grams."thumbsup"

Attachments

• 079.jpg
    079.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 611
Holmes Hobbies Puller 400 motors showed up. These are awesome little motors and light!!

Attachments

• 080.jpg
    080.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 578
Motors installed on front and rear axle ready to put the rig back together."thumbsup"

Attachments

• 082.jpg
    082.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 566
  • 084.jpg
    084.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 582
I modified 2 delrin motor savers to save some weight and give these motors plenty of ventilation

Attachments

• 086.jpg
    086.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 604
  • 085.jpg
    085.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 585
I decided to change all the balls in the rod ends to aluminum and all the screws on the rig to aluminum. Saved 11 grams per wheel by just changing the beadlock screws.

Attachments

• 087.jpg
    087.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 564
  • 088.jpg
    088.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 572
  • 083.jpg
    083.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 555
Rig all put back together and ready to crawl!! I definitely achieved the weight loss I was looking for. I can't wait to get it on the rocks this week to see the difference. I will post more pics with the rig in action. I'll try to get some video, have to convince the wife to come and record the rig in action.

Attachments

• 094.jpg
    094.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 558
  • 090.jpg
    090.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 544
  • 089.jpg
    089.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 562
  • 098.jpg
    098.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 559
Rig is looking really good!!! Couple things I noticed to save a few more grams:
rear brace isn't needed when running the VP axle top
run 3 screws per bead and 3 per hub (running that way for 2 years no issues)
Unless you want the bling ditch the VP lockouts for the stock plastic
remove all connectors from your wiring and just hard wire it
remove the front of the battery tray.
Do all that and you should get into the low 3lbs. Every gram counts!
BTW these are just suggestions as I said your rig looks great! Definitely get some video of it once you get it out!

Rig is looking really good!!! Couple things I noticed to save a few more grams:
rear brace isn't needed when running the VP axle top
run 3 screws per bead and 3 per hub (running that way for 2 years no issues)
Unless you want the bling ditch the VP lockouts for the stock plastic
remove all connectors from your wiring and just hard wire it
remove the front of the battery tray.
Do all that and you should get into the low 3lbs. Every gram counts!
BTW these are just suggestions as I said your rig looks great! Definitely get some video of it once you get it out!

Thanks, I will take your suggestions into consideration, right now it is time to just start testing the rig to see where it's at. I may or may not go lighter depending on how it hooks up. It's nice to know I still have the option to go lighter if I need to

Thanks, I will take your suggestions into consideration, right now it is time to just start testing the rig to see where it's at. I may or may not go lighter depending on how it hooks up. It's nice to know I still have the option to go lighter if I need to

All kinds of weight you can save but test it out ... Looking fresh bro .. Keep up the good work .... Proud of you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All kinds of weight you can save but test it out ... Looking fresh bro .. Keep up the good work .... Proud of you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with the way it is sitting right now, see how the rocks treat it!!

Very nice and well equipped it's looking very good. I enjoy seeing original owner paint jobs and yours is nice and clean well done.

Thanks, I am more of a paint guy myself. I have been painting lexan bodies for 20 years, so crawler panels are pretty quick and easy.

Another way for you to Shed 40 grams very quickly is to drop that 1300mAh battery and run something smaller. Thunder Power makes a very nice 70C 850mAh battery that should work perfectly well for comping. Considering that you have it mounted pretty high on the rig it should make a pretty significant difference.

Link to 3S 850Mah Thunder Power 70C

Another way for you to Shed 40 grams very quickly is to drop that 1300mAh battery and run something smaller. Thunder Power makes a very nice 70C 850mAh battery that should work perfectly well for comping. Considering that you have it mounted pretty high on the rig it should make a pretty significant difference.

Link to 3S 850Mah Thunder Power 70C

Funny you mentioned that, I thought about that last night and was just gram counting lower mah batteries on the internet. That is definitely a good place to lose some weight.

Took the rig out tonight for some practice, definitely a noticeable difference from a few weeks ago. I am impressed!!

Attachments

• 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 475
  • 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 486
There were a couple lines I have had trouble in the past with previous rigs that this rig crawled through without much trouble

Attachments

• 104.jpg
    104.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 458
  • 103.jpg
    103.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 501
  • 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 463
  • 105.jpg
    105.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 465
The narrowed voodoo's hooked up awesome and I definitely noticed a difference with the lighter weight. It drives and handles a little different than before so I will have to get used to it, but different in a good way"thumbsup"

Attachments

• 106.jpg
    106.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 443
Time to shed a few more grams off the rig! Krazed Builds (RobBob) sent me these new carbon fiber link mounts to test out and man are they sweet!! As always the fit and finish on these are excellent and they just straight up look Awesome!!!

Attachments

• 107.jpg
    107.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 379
  • 108.jpg
    108.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 364
I sent my gears out to Fat Camp, Rob B from SMW is milling out the gears for me to shed out some more weight. Gonna put the stock axle top back on the rear axle, installed brass inserts so its ready to go. Also removed some material off the BWD rear axle brace.

Attachments

• 114.jpg
    114.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 378
  • 113.jpg
    113.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 382
Tell me that doesn't look cool as hell with all the CF!!

Attachments

• 112.jpg
    112.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 365
Back