• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

blandon's DLUX XR10 Build

there is still a chance to find em,,
I have been looking for over 2 years for them and I found 2 brand new ones in the original bag this winter,the same winter as I build me a dlux berg,:flipoff:
the only thing that was used was the linkmounts,,but they look like new.
so there is still hope for everybody!!!"thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

there is still a chance to find em,,
I have been looking for over 2 years for them and I found 2 brand new ones in the original bag this winter,the same winter as I build me a dlux berg,:flipoff:
the only thing that was used was the linkmounts,,but they look like new.
so there is still hope for everybody!!!"thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

Wanna sell a front one! LOL:mrgreen:

Final running weight of the rig with battery installed and all slug weights installed is 4lbs. 10oz. Front width outside tire to outside tire is 10.6 inches and the rear is 10.1 inches. My goal was to keep it under 5lbs. and I can still fine tune the weight with the slugs. Want to see how it crawls with all the way it is first.

Wanna sell a front one! LOL:mrgreen:

not a chance....
I have been looking all over the world for over 2.5 years for those axletops and linkmounts,,I`ve probably used over 50 hours just looking for those final vanquish parts,,,now I have all the vp-upgrades
Just have patience,,I saw a VP gearhouse on the classified pages just last week,
so there are from time too time some parts out there,,

Man that thing is too pretty. Get it out on the rocks!

Do you remember what length steering tie rod you used? (behind axle) I'm tired of just using all-thread and stainless tubing. Need to get a TI tie rod. Thanks. JP

Last edited:
Man that thing is too pretty. Get it out on the rocks!

Do you remember what length steering tie rod you used? (behind axle) I'm tired of just using all-thread and stainless tubing. Need to get a TI tie rod. Thanks. JP

Thanks JP, she is pretty!! I had it on the rocks Thursday afternoon for an hour and it performs even better than it looks. Yesterday we got 6" of snow so I need that to go away Bad!! The titanium tie rod I made is 171.5mm from eye to eye with Revo rod ends. I think if you have VP or stock knuckles it may have to be slightly longer.

Another package from Crawler Innovations came today, these gold dots are getting cut and shut tomorrow night!! I would like to give a shout out to Eddie from CI for hooking me up with the last pair of golds he had in stock and the narrow foams. As always great service and fast shipping, and I finally have enough Double Bubble to to give out to all the neighborhood kids for next Halloween!!!

Attachments

• 063.jpg
    063.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 474
Try yssolutions or offroadrckorea... They have a bunch of obscure vp parts for xrs you can prob grab an axle top from one of their sites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try yssolutions or offroadrckorea... They have a bunch of obscure vp parts for xrs you can prob grab an axle top from one of their sites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll check those out. Thanks for the info

Project Cut n Shut went well, this is the first time I have modded my own tires so I was a little nervous hacking into 80 bucks worth of tires but I think they came out pretty damn good!! Here is a size comparison to a stock tire

Attachments

• 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 408
Being a contractor I like to have no waste so I present to you Cut n Shut jewelry. Because nothing says I love you like the center section of a $20 tire!! Also available in silver.:flipoff:

Attachments

• 066.jpg
    066.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 414
yup!!!!
for like 200$ for each axletop because off the extreme taxes in korea..
and you still need the linkmounts

Stock cases with brass inserts, Stock gear cases with RC4WD gears and RC4WD motor plates and stock link mounts.
You don't need all that fancy s*** and you save money and weight.

Project Cut n Shut went well, this is the first time I have modded my own tires so I was a little nervous hacking into 80 bucks worth of tires but I think they came out pretty damn good!! Here is a size comparison to a stock tire

I know the feeling ...... did you go just width or did you change height too?

I only went with width on this pair. I may get more experimental on the next set

Back