• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Dasco's xr10 build

OK guys...this is a little hairy, as I normally don't do machine work and this is the only set of rc4wd gears I could find...but here goes [emoji16] let the drilling commence ...first attempt isn't pretty but it is definitely lighter

I forgot to get a before and after on the weight..but I will have one for you guys soon

8c0bb6cbc9daed703030f7bbd590ce59.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I run micro deans and have for yrs. With no problems
https://www.amainhobbies.com/deans-...dozXMm0XPn4eCVvLZTx_ukixvsJHrqeBJ1RoC6zjw_wcB
I'm sure you guys won't have any issues with the connector he's going to use.
And if you don't understand how small the micro Dean's are...

Picture a square, end link ball... Lol..

Also, you can look at the tiny wire, coming out of one of them nanotech 450 65-130C packs..

The Mini-T plugs can handle it. I even run some of my 4s packs with them. :)

And if you don't understand how small the micro Dean's are...

Picture a square, end link ball... Lol..

Also, you can look at the tiny wire, coming out of one of them nanotech 450 65-130C packs..

The Mini-T plugs can handle it. I even run some of my 4s packs with them. :)
Too true Troy...I can't believe I haven't been using these way sooner. They are so dang tiny and soldered the right way super easy to connect and disconnect .

This is from EddieO:

"The black mini t plugs will not allow as many amps as the regular red t plug, but more than the deans mini. Its not a huge deal, as the worry with pulling too many amps is melting the plug, but stuff like that would only be a short spike. I have never had a person have an issue with them.

Later EddieO"

So, as Eddie said, I have had zero problems as of yet running 3s. I will be pushing up to 4s shortly and will keep you all informed of anything problematic.

Cheers,
-Nasty

This is from EddieO:

"The black mini t plugs will not allow as many amps as the regular red t plug, but more than the deans mini. Its not a huge deal, as the worry with pulling too many amps is melting the plug, but stuff like that would only be a short spike. I have never had a person have an issue with them.

Later EddieO"

So, as Eddie said, I have had zero problems as of yet running 3s. I will be pushing up to 4s shortly and will keep you all informed of anything problematic.

Cheers,
-Nasty
Nice work Sir...thanks for the info

New RTR weight with the 149RcWorx 1/8" uppers..thanks Nerby!!! And micro t plugs

3/16"
69e5fe777c043742a7195c577827bd1b.jpg

1/8"
7e853306970a6b61ce1f5343e24e3e54.jpg

cd6e09ca43b35a72c598a4c722d3bef3.jpg

Last edited:
Still need to add the rc4wd machined gears up front. I may redo the rears to shave a touch. Will also be using aluminum hardware where I can!![emoji12]

Don't get it to light you'll need antigravity tires!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
It's more of a goal than anything at this point Snap...I love to work on stuff and it's about all I can do to it now...lol

Last edited:
it is possible to be lighter I had my son's truck at 3 lbs 9.8oz, but it was to light for him so back just over 4 now and he does way better driving it. Keep up the good work.

"GOD SPEED"

it is possible to be lighter I had my son's truck at 3 lbs 9.8oz, but it was to light for him so back just over 4 now and he does way better driving it. Keep up the good work.

"GOD SPEED"
Wow that's pretty dang light..not sure what I want as far as weight just wanting to see how light I can go without hollowing out too much titanium..lol...did you use aluminum hardware Nerby?

his had all hollowed titanium shafts, extra lightened gears all plastic parts except knuckles and all aluminum and titanium hardware and super 300's hd front shafts, plastic gear boxes with rc4wd covers and all Robbob carbon part's

"GOD SPEED"

Man...I may never get there then..Hehehe..my machining skill and wallet are rough [emoji12]

his had all hollowed titanium shafts, extra lightened gears all plastic parts except knuckles and all aluminum and titanium hardware and super 300's hd front shafts, plastic gear boxes with rc4wd covers and all Robbob carbon part's

"GOD SPEED"
You crazy brutha!!!
Don't ever get rid of those RC4WD gear box covers!!! They are the ticket!
I actually only ran one in the front. All stock rear w/bushings.

The trick, was a ceramic bearing, for the one under the link mount. ;)
Man...I may never get there then..Hehehe..my machining skill and wallet are rough [emoji12]

Don't sweat getting there! Unless it's for fun... Lol..

I did it before, too.. I had to add weight, to be happy..
All my rigs are around the heavy side, of sub 4lbs..

Wish I could score a set of the rc4wd covers .. I'd imagine it's a unicorn item at this point tho...lol...but yeah it's for fun basically. I also think it would be cool to get the weight as low as possible.

Last edited:
Wish I could score a set of the rc4wd covers .. I'd imagine it's a unicorn item at this point tho...lol...but yeah it for fun basically. I also think it would be cool to get the weight as low as possible.

Like finding a leprechaun riding a unicorn w/his pot O gold! Lol..

But I think my old XR is going for sale.. it has 2 on it.. ;) plus about all the cool kids parts, you can't get anymore!

Back