• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Marc's XR10 "The little Tank"

If I had a picture I'd share it, but a local guy here recently built a cross brace out of aluminum with two arches in it to work with his T1E chassis and prevent the links from bottoming out on the brace. I do think a moderate fall onto the side of one of the rear tires might cause that riser to snap.

Here is the solution with the brace. It is a Axial 55mm Post. I already planned to make new rear upper links out of some carbon to solve the problem of bottoming the brace.

today I got my new DE Racing wheels. they are over 120g lighter than my modified VP alus :mrgreen:

updates will follow...

file.php

file.php

I am loving this build! Are those the Borrego ST wheels? I'm guessing the beadlock system is not real and you'll just be gluing the tires, right? I can't wait to see some video since you've made the changes. I'd like to hear how the wheels work out too.

I am loving this build! Are those the Borrego ST wheels? I'm guessing the beadlock system is not real and you'll just be gluing the tires, right? I can't wait to see some video since you've made the changes. I'd like to hear how the wheels work out too.

Thank you!
Yes these are the Borrego ST wheels. The tires will be glued on the wheels.

Last saturday, we had our first outdoor comp and i finished in 2nd place behind Manu (racer_zh). It was pretty close. He finished with -36 and i finished with -30 after 6 really hard courses. so i'm happy with the result.

videos of the comp will follow. and for sure more pics of the progress of my rig.

Here we go with my new new rims. It was a lot of handwork to make the hubs fit more or less perfect in the rims.

Each rim is around 20g including hub. I use 725 hubs in front and 850 hubs in rear

file.php

Complete weight

file.php

Steering arm is moved to a higher position on wheel side. gives more space when steering full left.

file.php

Cut down one more time the basic knuckleweights to get lower CG and added more half rings.

file.php

Hey Marc, Nice build!!! I have a question about those brass inserts in the carbon fiber of your motorplate..
Where did you get them.. Im looking for those things... ;)
And what type is it.. It's not the same as the inserts in the plastic parts i think..

Hey Marc, Nice build!!! I have a question about those brass inserts in the carbon fiber of your motorplate..
Where did you get them.. Im looking for those things... ;)
And what type is it.. It's not the same as the inserts in the plastic parts i think..

hi,
I bought these plates from AMOK from Germany. I have no idea where to get those brass parts.

by the way, i did not install the carbon plates because the gears do not work as smooth as with the VP alu plates.

my new wheel are ready finally...

Rover white with dual stage closed cell 5.25 size narrow. outer ring is soft front and rear.

file.php

changes body mount. now it is mounted under the front shocks. cutted the front end and put some lexan at the rear end to keep ok with the 2013 rules. body is more stable but still flex if needed.

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

RTR weight including 80g of knuckleweights is 1777g. Without weights 1697g. Some mods for less weight are already on the way to switzerland :mrgreen:

file.php

Great job. Love how it sits low and mean looking. Good job on keeping it light. Have you tested at the new weight yet?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Great job. Love how it sits low and mean looking. Good job on keeping it light. Have you tested at the new weight yet?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I did one test already. at most driving situations it feels more or less like before. it works better when you do steeply climbs.

Yesterday it was already X-Mas again "thumbsup"

Santa brought me a MT-4, a 2nd FXR esc, original gearboxes and a few ceramic 5x8 bearings from Acer Racing.

file.php

Electronics are built in and config. is done for a first test.

file.php

Still have an issue with the original gearboxes. the bearings have a loose fit in the gearboxes. i try to fix this. Until this is fixed, the VP gearboxes will stay in my XR-10.

As you had in an early video a wet course, how do you think your electrics expossed with no heat shrink etc will go? From memory you have a slightly snowey enviroment :)

Back