• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Crawllife's 5D Sucker Punch

Looks like its coming together really well!

What was your reasoning for flipping the trans?

Well bro, having Winner over for a build session can produce some interesting things. Mirroring the trans has been a pretty popular thing for reducing torque twist ( for the new guys reading, I know Erik knows this!) for a while. By doing this on my rig, it was really about getting every last bit of weight forward. I'm well aware that it isn't by much in this situation. However we had a motor that would fit in this case with this chassis. I also want to find out a lot of what I read on here for myself. For the average builder, this would be the best he could do getting the motor forward. I have a NCD trans going in once a few parts are ready. I want to feel for myself the difference between a traditional trans with a little " common knowledge " modding vs the newest trends of these custom trans of carbon and unique placement. We will see shortly if there is a benefit to the NCD trans. For now, this feels a bit more " weight forward" than my losi night crawler :).

y7ejezyz.jpg

Time to mark the lid for my first fitting. You'd think with my profession I'd know this part. Nope. I think I found the spot tho :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few shots of my voodovers from EY Designs. These tires look amazing! This will not be my finished width however. These pics are with the front at 9.5 and the rear at 9. I'll be increasing both by at least 3/4".
nasezaje.jpg
2umu5u7e.jpg
u5uha3ez.jpg
tujydahy.jpg

ujadyty2.jpg
ty7eta4u.jpg
utegeqar.jpg

Just about there. I still have a servo guard and knuckle weights to put on but I wanted to get wheel base set and body on. I'm at 10 n 3/4 front and 10.5 out back. I had to turn my rears inside out and run the smallest vp hub to get the width where I wanted it.

6utemu3y.jpg

Rcbros knuckle weights are built. Have to dig out 4 matchy screws for these. The best way I've seen in build threads is to use the " unused " back sets of holes on the wraith knucks to mount these. Brian pointed this out to me and then it jumped out in a few more threads. Eliminating the the need to elevate or put extra strain on the steering arm.

I'm hoping the rain holds off. It was a long ass winter and I want to drive. I would have preferred to break both sets of tires in before ringing rocks but it's not going to happen.

Man, that is a sick body!

Next body I need, you dont need to ask what I am looking for. Something like that would be perfect!

zuhese5a.jpg

So this is what I meant by the above post. Nice clean fit on the back of the knuckle.

yhare6um.jpg

Finish it off with a Custom Fiber servo guard and the initial stuff is done:). Now for endless tuning and tweaking.

I really love the look of those flames. the mor I look the more I want.

So take notes. Next time, I want flames like that. I also want woodgrain.:mrgreen:

Can't wait for the results of your comp this weekend man. pretty pumped about it and someone better be taking video.

I'll be getting video as well..
Need to get Dave's SP running as well.. (Hoping his driving can look as good as his rig, lol.)

Back