• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Crawllife's 5D Sucker Punch

I am not much into the competitive crawlers, but yours looks nice, simple, and sure ready to do some damage. Nice job man!

I am not much into the competitive crawlers, but yours looks nice, simple, and sure ready to do some damage. Nice job man!

Thanks bro. Stick around. Maybe the comp scene will drawl you in. I love competing now! Ya, the truck is doing some amazing things right now.

I had a chance to run this at the GSRCRC (Garden State) comp. handled awesome and had tons of motor. A couple tweaks here and there and it will be spot on."thumbsup"

I had a chance to run this at the GSRCRC (Garden State) comp. handled awesome and had tons of motor. A couple tweaks here and there and it will be spot on."thumbsup"

Thanks J. It's getting an overhall this week. Dlux made a set of links for me a few months ago. I didn't put them on because they aren't nearly as high clearance as his traditional style. However Wheels7 helped Erik come up with the bends so I'm going to give them a shot. It will also get me to 12.5. I felt that short wb yesterday. I'm also going to play with shock oil and the spools. I gave up on the lockers after one comp due to not wanting to deal with the grub screws coming loose. However something is wrong with the spools for sure. I went from some slop to crazy amounts of slop. I want to red lock tight some stuff and get this thing as reliable as my pro.

Locked Up f1 spools FTW"thumbsup"

And I don't file any tangs to fit. I just beat the axles into the locker with a small hammer:mrgreen:

Yup, LockedUp FI spools for sure. But, be careful with the hammer.
I barely tapped my unis into Patrick's spool and decided to change castor on the C's. Do you think those things would come out? Severely dented the C's trying to pry those things apart. I suggest a little tang polishing with some 600 grit (which I did to reinstall). Still a very tight fit, but can now be removed without using a dictionary's worth of 4 letter words.

Yup, LockedUp FI spools for sure. But, be careful with the hammer.
I barely tapped my unis into Patrick's spool and decided to change castor on the C's. Do you think those things would come out? Severely dented the C's trying to pry those things apart. I suggest a little tang polishing with some 600 grit (which I did to reinstall). Still a very tight fit, but can now be removed without using a dictionary's worth of 4 letter words.

Haven't pulled them apart yet. That's tomorrow. Popular opinion is that the nuclear powered 400 puller is just ripping everything loose after a tough comp. plus there were 2 of us whooping on her yesterday. Like I mentioned above, complete make over soon. Goodies coming from creation fab ( who was killer generous today when I explained my issues) and lots o lock tite. Bottom line is my pro rig has simply never broken a part. I MUST get my sporty close to that level of bomb proof. I don't expect perfection but one comp were I can wipe it down and hang it up would be nice. The chassis is the solid part I can count on with this rig. Creation Fab will help with the rest. I have locked up spools and grip fab lockers. So I just need to keep the tangs in there and the shafts from looking like twizzlers. Thanks for the input guys.

It's Not the nuclear powered 30t HH 400 puller!
It's the finger that gives power to the button that fires that nuclear reactor off! :)

Give that pro rig some fresh new power plants and see how it makes out.. ;) lol..

Hope nothing bad is wrong and it's as simple as new rear shaft's brutha.

Even simpler! I need to get one of the rear xr sides replaced due to being a hair short. The pin isn't staying in the hex. I'm planning on permanently borrowing a set of delrin shift hubs from Troy. Perhaps a little dremel work and I can get more of the shift to almost fit inside the lockout. Then the shorter shaft can stay. If I remember to tighten my wheel nuts that is:).

This is just begging for a though or word bubble.:lmao::lmao::lmao:"thumbsup"

Last edited:
I don't want to upset him too much, LOL I have to see him on Sat. to pick up some stuff.:lmao:

Back