• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Crawllife's 5D Sucker Punch

These are the little things that take the longest for me. I have a lot of threads to go through and perhaps a drag link to order/fab but this is the idea I'm going for but I'm not quite there. If anyone knows of longer futaba horns, please post em up:)
2y4a2ave.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at David's pic, I think he has too much caster. Maybe clicking the chubs forward a notch will help make more space.

:lmao:
How can you even see anything from that tiny pic?

My iPad can't even zoom enough. I thought I was looking at a micro machine:lmao:

Must have been bigger cause I can't zoom that far either without it all blurred together, I guess it looks good.:lmao:

Thanks for the help guys! Brian's look is what I'm after. If I have to unclock to achieve it, so be it. Your right on with the horn TSK.

BTA that steering rod with XR10 knuckles if you want to keep that much caster. You need a blue Protek servo horn to match those Seattle Seahawk colors.

Last edited:
sadebede.jpg

Ok, so just to see, I pulled the HH in favor of a hitec with a longer horn. I need to grind the extra meat off of the back of this horn if there is any hope of putting the drag behind but this at least gets be rolling for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't like the look of the drag link being pointed down and away from the arc of servo travel. It is just bad geometry that will result in weaker steering the farther it turns. Ideally, the drag link should remain level through servo rotation, or at least go upward from horn to steering arm. That's one of the reason 86jeep steering setup a on Bergs are considered the best layout as the drag link and tie rod travel on the same arc as the horn and knuckle. Although my setup looks wonky, at full lock in either direction, the rod ends of my drag link are totally level horizontally.

Last edited:
Back