• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

RickM's Berg BJv3 now bjv4 Build

Thanks Eric. I do really like these weights. Unless I am missing something, I think the biggest benefit is the ability to roll on the wheelspeed some with better control, and also not stress axle parts with rotational weight.

Toy4.... These axles came used to me with what is referred to as 86jeep style servo mounting. If you search for 86jeep on here and pm him, I think he is still doing that mod for folks intersted. I am also running Super 300 axles from SDS customs. They have the axial stub end, and I am running the axial VP knuckles. Looking back at this thread I do need to update some. I will get some pics up soon.

Time for some updates. I did some work to my rig lately but more importantly I finally pulled the trigger on an updated chassis. Jeremy has something on its way to me. I will keep you posted on updates. Should be ready for some pics this weekend.

Here is a brief rundown though.
Ditched the duel esc adapter and went to a futaba 4pl.
I ditched the stock hubs and went with a bolt on ax10 c.
Went with a zero ack knucle and added the steel half to the rings.
Swapped out the servo.
I also tried to de-case my esc's and do a smash job but was worried about heat so I gave up on that.
New chassis on the way.
I will have pics of all of it soon.

RickM

Alright. Time for the update I promised. There are probably two big changes in my rig. One is the c'hubs.
191535e0.jpg

Now for the rest.
5448a5c1.jpg

6084ac14.jpg

f80e12e5.jpg

f780ccc6.jpg

88873277.jpg

fd646035.jpg

The BJv4.2 sure is cool. I am loving the knuckle weights from Dlux, and the servo got swapped out to a hitec 7955 at 7 volts.
I did some shrink wrap work on my Mamba micros as well. All in all I have been busting my arse to get ready for nationals, no wait, I did not qualify but hey, but to have something to work on right!

I heard the CKRC rear axles are not that strong but I had been having pretty good luck. That is until I did a stuntola with my truck the other night and it took a bit of a drop. Kept it rubber side down tough. Anyway I now hae a bent rear axle. Time to upgrade!!

Looks good Rick."thumbsup" And yes the ckrc axles blow. Had mine for 15min. before i bent one.:evil:

Nothing all that pic worthy here but a couple of small things.

1. Ditched the CKRC inner rear shafts and went back in with some RC axle masters. Got tired of wondering if my axle was straight or not.
2. Switched out from the Proline scalers with the scx10 ones but I did some goofy stuff on purpose and not so on purpose. I switched out the inner shock shafts with the shock shafts off a set of ax10 rtr shafts. I then did a huge amount of external limiting to prevent the damper from hitting the new bladders from the traxxas shocks. BTW I inserted the traxxas bladders. I did all this to try and do two things. First find a shock that does not leak. Second to be able to run inverted as I really like the idea of being able to get as much shock weight as low as possible.

On a tire note, I went back to the sedona/rover combo but I ground up the sidewalls pretty good. I was using boss claws. Anyway I am actually back to driving better with these shoes back on.

Last edited:
Re: RickM's Berg BJv3 Recycled Build

It has been a bit since I posted some pics so here goes. Not sure what changes have been made since the past time but here goes.
5cc24bf2.jpg

0f6debf9.jpg

f29c2efe.jpg

22d45314.jpg

62b80d98.jpg

I need some wisdom from the wise council.

I have a small stash of cash that is burning a hole in my pocket. I am trying to decide between a new set of cans(motors you dirty punks) or the dlux axle tubes. The motors would be the nice HH 16t motors.

My motors now are brood 35t's and I am running 4s on mamba micro's so going to a 16t hh motor might just heat things up.

Is something wrong with your current motors? Maybe they are just in need of a rebuild....

Those Dlux tubes are quite nice! "thumbsup"

The motors are good, but if a 16t is out there then maybe I need that!!

The motors are good, but if a 16t is out there then maybe I need that!!
Haha! I have a similar brood motor (16T CVR) in my sporty and, IMO, they arent for heavier rigs. They have less drag brake. I think you'd be happier getting those motors rebuilt and getting the Dlux tubes (but keep in mind, the dlux tubes will take you some work to get them set up perfectly...they arent a bolt on application)."thumbsup"

The 16t motors are 5 segments, which means you can't really compare turns directly. A 16t 5 segment is very similar in power and rpm as a 35t....less torque and drag brake though.

If you want to get some really stout motors, I would suggest the Apocalypse Type S 30t motors....gobs of horsepower, but still super smooth like the 5 segments without the downsides....you could also just send in your current motors and we just swap in the new arms....don't really need a whole new motor.

If you have any questions, PM me.

Later EddieO

Hey Eddie. Thanks for the feedback on this. As you just rebuilt my current 35t's I decided to stick with what's working and get the dlux tubes. I will be coming your way for the arms when the time comes.

Now onto the tubes. The dlux site suggests some mechanical skills necessary to install. Boy is that right. They went together very smoothly but I was very deliberate to make sure I was getting everything lined up just right. Still wound up with a few miss steps but got it right after all. The truck really came together great when it is all said and done. now the rig sits at 5.2 oz with weights and rtr. I will get pics up soon.
33dee064.jpg

d7b75f0f.jpg

dc3bd1d6.jpg

c575c6cf.jpg

cfba77c2.jpg

284c13fe.jpg

Last edited:
Back