• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

RickM's Berg BJv3 now bjv4 Build

Impressive work bud! I really wanted to get together to do some crawling before the next comp, but I guess time is slips away pretty fast. See you on the 29th"thumbsup"

Yah, the holidays did get away from us didn't they. I hope your rig is coming a long smoothly.

7950 is at Hitec, should be here in plenty to time though.

Last edited:
Got some action shots. Sort of. I popped a rear lockout screw loose so I went back to where I was and put my truck where it was.

BJAction.jpg

BJAction3.jpg

BJAction2.jpg

So I have done some work on the rig. Actually a lot of work. I put on 300's. I switched to two mamba micros and a Wantasummit adapter. I did some work on the shocks and location and finally did some tweeking on the front end of the rig. I am missing a local comp torrow so why not post some pics right!

More knuckle weight mods.
knuckleweight-1.jpg

Steering throw.
steering.jpg

Front angles.
bergfront.jpg

Farther back.
bergfrontwide.jpg

Rear shot.
backside.jpg

Shock cap mod. I purchased these shocks for this rig recently but they were binding up. I noticed it looked like it was the cap not fastening well so I did some work.
anothershockcap.jpg

The last thing I did was create a plate for my for my battery behind my tranny out of delrin sheet. I did not take pics though.

Nice work Bud. I gotta say though I was diggin the Herby panels. You will be missed tomorrow.

Well I got some new shoes, or should I maybe say socks for my rig. They are really nice and stupid light. These are the Mayhem Evo wheels. They have an insane amount of tuning options. I think something like 72 possible options. They also work nicely with the DLux weights.
EVOwheels.jpg

Evoknuckle.jpg

Very cool Rick! I know a few folks were wondering if his weights would work with those wheels. They look good! "thumbsup"

Nice!

Yeah, lots of questions on those wheels. Do the hubs fit inside the rings? If not, I think its possible to turn them down to make them fit. Thats what I did on another set of wheels.

I think 3 of the .100 rings would fit. I only have 2 of those rings myself but these wheels are so insanely light that I am needing to add more. I am going to be doing that tonight. The stock Dlux rings will fit just fine without any mods whatsoever. I did my own rings (spent more time and money than if I had simply supported dlux), and my inner diameter is still a little to small so I had to hack on the hubs a bit which was super easy.

The hubs on this wheel make it easy to take some off without hurting the integrity of the wheel, and you don't need a lathe to do it. If you look at some of the pics of this wheel in the vender forum you will see that some of the wheels are shaped like a star nut. if you simply take a handheld hack saw to it you can trim off the back side of the nut and get the diameter of the hub way down. I will try and post pics of that soon.

So you could fully load that wheel up to the face with my rings and no mods?

I believe so but I will let you know more tonight. The one thing to keep in mind is that the hubs sent from Dan did some in three different lengths. The middle length did have a different pattern to the back of it. I will include detailed pics tonight after I get a chance to really tweak on this whole system.

I forgot to mention. The way I have the front wheels setup puts me at a track width at just under 11". One of tonights changes will be to flip the fronts around some and try to hit 11" on the nose which should give me some playing room for the steel lower weight you showed the other day Dlux.

Last edited:
Finally got some good time to crawl around a bit tonight on my test track out back tonight. Holy crapola. These wheels/weights tires really changed the game for me. What a setup.

I purchased a lot of this from a great member here on the forum and went to work getting into the MOA game. Tips and tuning coments desired, no wanted, no needed.

Info first
BJv3 Chassis
Home made delrin lowers
Traxxas pushrod uppers
Berg v1 axles
Brood motors 35t
Sidewinder
Punk Dig
CC BEC
Spektrum RC in shrinkwrap
Eretex Wheels
Proline powerstroke SCX10 shocks
Sedona/Rovers CI DD foams
Savox servo 86'd on the axle.

Please let me know what you all think of my build so far. What do I need to do to tweek and tune it?

BergFrontAxle.jpg

Nice crawler. That is Awesome !
What parts did you use to achieve the servo location and what knuckles?
thanks for your help
I have an enroute berg axles and I want to update

Finally got some good time to crawl around a bit tonight on my test track out back tonight. Holy crapola. These wheels/weights tires really changed the game for me. What a setup.

Very nice! I think everybody is settling in and finding the sweet spot with the weights. There is no going back now. Too bad the XR guys dont know what its like to have a ton of weight on the knuckle.... Scratch one up for the Berg

Back