• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Dravpnir's 2014 "Standard sized" Berg

Got something really nice from Krawler Concept today. The skins looks much better in reality, thanks Michelle "thumbsup"

DSC03989.jpg

I will also need a pair off wands to the sudu,,,
I did assemble the pitbull chassis with the magic wands and I can feel it is lighter then the sudu when I hold them in my hands at the same time,,,
And it looks great to...
Gotta love the 3 Crowns!!!!!!!

I have been slacking greatly, not updating this thread in a long while...

But here is atleast a sneak peak on something Douwe and me has been working on lately :twisted:

SuDuNew.jpg

Here is how the Berg stands today.

DSC04743.jpg

DSC04744.jpg

I did plan to run the Brood Nexus motors on this crawler. I changed to them just before Nordics and unfortunately I didn't test the crawler enough before I went there...
I really hope the EddieO can figure something out so you can use the Nexus on MOA's. My driving skills do not need anything that makes it harder than necessary for me to drive ;-)

To have something to use during the summer I put together some motors of parts I had at home. But finally I have some proper motors again :mrgreen:

Hittman was kind enough and sold me his old Brood Stubby's. I will clean them up a bit, oil the bearings and give the comm a fresh cut then it is mounting time.

DSC04746.jpg

Can - Stubby .020
Can Modifications – Blueing Coating with Motor Armor
Magnets – FB12 Dual
Magnet Modifications - Shaved Tips

Armature – Stubby Type HHK-T
Wire – 20.5 AWG
Commutator - 7.5mm
Balance - Epoxy
Armature Modifications – None

Endbell – Reedy Ti
Brush Hoods – Laydown
Brush Hood Heatsinks – Stock
Brushes – Putnam Green
Springs – Polarized 175 Extra Firm with insulation
Spring Posts – Team Lightweight Aluminum
Heatsinks – Aluminun Elimination Screws
Timing Ring – Lightweight Aluminum
Screws – 12.9 Cap Head
Bearings – Ceramic ABEC 7
Additional Modifications – Brush Hoods lightened and polarized spring setup installed. Precision matched and tuned.

Last edited:
Thanks Douwe!

Yeah the first version of the "skeleton" of the new chassis arrived today. So far all looks awesome :twisted:

I also made the final touches on a rear weight holder for the superlite axles that uses the same tungsten slugs as Dlux loaded dice holders do.

I cannot wait until I get the CF parts delivered...

Oooh nice!

Here is a CAD picture of the weight holder. I plan to keep the weight holder and the CF piece the same regardless of the type of axle, then only make different axle mounts for ex Superlite, Bully2, Wraith, XR10 or whatever other rear axle that is popular and can use the Dlux 2.2 loaded dice wheels.

RearWeightHolder.jpg

Man, this chassis could really change it all! I am excited to see it! With the 3d design, not only could we gain some serious gains in technology but it would be crazy scale and maybe that would pull some of those scale guys back in?

On that rear weight holder, could you incorporate what you have as the carbon piece into either the upper or lower part? I might have to buy some if so. :D

I just so happen to have extra slugs and no weight out back..

Count me in!

Noted :)

I managed to squeesh in quite a lot of the CF parts in my latest CF order so I should hopefully have plenty of them in the end of November.

Man, this chassis could really change it all! I am excited to see it! With the 3d design, not only could we gain some serious gains in technology but it would be crazy scale and maybe that would pull some of those scale guys back in?

On that rear weight holder, could you incorporate what you have as the carbon piece into either the upper or lower part? I might have to buy some if so. :D

Thanks "thumbsup"

I got some even wilder ideas in mind, but need to improve my CAD skills before I can make that a reality.

For the Superlite axles I could do that with the rear holder. It will not take long either, so when I get a little extra time I will draw up a version for you. I will probably want to try it myself too ;-)

I Think this Small cf part is necessary to keep the weight in the hole

You are partly right.
The CF part keeps the weight in place yes, but I mainly made a separate CF peice to be able to use spacers at the axle mount to be able to place the weight holder part precisly where you want it. It also made it easier to make the holder fits a lot of different axles.

What do you think of something like this? I hade to add some supports on the backside as I do not think the plastic are strong enough without them.

I will order a pair to see how well they work.

Superlite1.jpg

superlite2.jpg

Back