• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Dravpnir's 2014 "Standard sized" Berg

The weekend is saved! :mrgreen:

DSC01802.JPG

Oh yeah! I see a running truck on the horizon....... Those wheels are absolutely gorgeous and light!

Finally the rear axle is done. The edges on the carbon fibre plate has been filed and sealed with some CA glue. In total the rear axle as seen in the pictures weights 350.2 g (12.35 oz). Not bad at all considering the motor alone weights 200 g (7.1 oz).

DSC01807.JPG

DSC01808.JPG

And with the rear axle ready for duty I finally got a roller

DSC01810.JPG

I have to clock up the rear axle a bit, limit the shocks, rearrange the links etc, but I can start to see the finished crawler at the horizon :)

Quick update.

Skins finally printed and mounted. Discovered that 2 of my gears were bad, so I am now waiting for replacements.

tydagupy.jpg

Total weight without battery 1621 g (3.57 lb) and that with about 50 g (1.76 oz) knuckle weights on each front tire.

It will be a close call... There came down some snow/rain mixture tonight. The weather guys says that the snow wont come yet, but how often are they right?

It all depends on how fast I get my replacement gears I guess. They left the states 15/11 so hopefully they will be here soon.

Edit: It seems that the gears for just a couple of minutes go cleared customs here in Sweden :)

Last edited:
Just shout out loud if there will be some ice crawling this weekend! 8)

But what about me then? I'm not even close to finished with my rig :( ;)

I will give you both a shout when I am ready for some crawling. I have received the gears, but atm I am lacking the time and energy to install them.

I love the look of this rig. So many killer parts on it.

Yeah, I choose the products I really liked and now I am just trying to breath some life back in to my wallet ;-)

Very interesting, even if i prefer your lightweight project "thumbsup"

This crawler will be my "go to crawler" for next season, but I have not abandoned my lightweight project.
Actually, next week I will hopefully post the first pictures of "Dravpnir tries to build something light, part II". The gear boxes are totally redesigned, there will be new tiny axle tubes, home brewed axle shafts, etc. All in a wonderful mix of carbon fibre, titanium, delrin and aluminum 8)

Nothing really new, but I felt like I needed to update this thread with some better looking pictures of the rig.

I have received MFD's really nice upper link mount that I have to put on sometime when I get the time.

DSC02101.jpg

DSC02103.jpg

barry's berg in a box option is sick. I bought one a couple months ago at ecc and it crawls up anything. the chassis is very stoutly made from 2mm thick cf and the gearboxes are amazing. I contemplate buying another set of gearboxes from him weekly. His pricing is amazing, and the design saves a ton of work over a stock gearbox for the servo mounting behind the axle.

I'm a huge fan if you couldn't tell.

barry's berg in a box option is sick. I bought one a couple months ago at ecc and it crawls up anything. the chassis is very stoutly made from 2mm thick cf and the gearboxes are amazing. I contemplate buying another set of gearboxes from him weekly. His pricing is amazing, and the design saves a ton of work over a stock gearbox for the servo mounting behind the axle.

I'm a huge fan if you couldn't tell.

Right now I feel that it is not the rig that sets the limits... rather the driver :ror:

The Berg in a box option, or other vendors that allows you to buy most of the parts from one source, is really nice when you have to ship it over the pond :)

Hopefully I will get some upgrades to this rig in a week, or two and then some more when the funds are in place :)

Right now I feel that it is not the rig that sets the limits... rather the driver :ror:

The Berg in a box option, or other vendors that allows you to buy most of the parts from one source, is really nice when you have to ship it over the pond :)

Hopefully I will get some upgrades to this rig in a week, or two and then some more when the funds are in place :)

Looking nice.
Got some stuff incoming to mine as well. and hoping for ur new gerbox design.

Looking nice.
Got some stuff incoming to mine as well. and hoping for ur new gerbox design.

Thanks, it is a slow project but hopefully it will be done this year.

Got these ones from ittybitty and got the bearings from dlux today so time to mount them up. When the funds allow it, they will have company of some brass loaded knuckle weights :)

DSC03332.jpg

I went down to the hobby room tonight and my dog has run away it seems... All I could find was this :shock:

DSC03822.jpg

Got time to clean the gears and test mounted the axles. I am still waiting on my new chassis and the season here in Sweden is almost over, so I am in no hurry really and would rather take my time to assemble the axles properly.

A wonderfull mix of different materials

DSC03828.jpg

DSC03826.jpg

Axles test assembled.

DSC03829.jpg

DSC03827.jpg

Almost forgot the knuckle weight holders... perhaps it was intentional as they do not follow the color scheme :cry:

DSC03830.jpg

Last picture of tonight, the front and rear together

DSC03831.jpg

Last edited:
Back