• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

B-MOW's GSPEED V1-C1 Mojave Class 1 Build

I love watching this come together, man!

Regarding the Boom Racing ProBuilds - the shipping costs from Atees to the US ain't too bad.

I ordered a set of new faceplates, hubs, some MST rally tires (for a sweet set of near-vintage HPI Cup wheels I snagged on eBay!) and they threw in a couple scale traffic cones (I'm building up a collection, lolz) and the shipping cost ended up being around $10 for Express Airmail Saver (7-16 Business Days)...

They even sent me a pic of my order all gathered up and ready to box!

Pretty stoked for their arrival - I hadn't even assembled the set I have, but when I saw the new matte silver "Jelly Bean" slot mag faceplates I absolutely had to get 'em, and of course I needed 5-lug hubs to bolt them up.

Now as long as I don't eff-up the plans I have for the special secret body!

Attachments

• Atees order.JPG
    Atees order.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 1,288
I love watching this come together, man!

Regarding the Boom Racing ProBuilds - the shipping costs from Atees to the US ain't too bad.

I ordered a set of new faceplates, hubs, some MST rally tires (for a sweet set of near-vintage HPI Cup wheels I snagged on eBay!) and they threw in a couple scale traffic cones (I'm building up a collection, lolz) and the shipping cost ended up being around $10 for Express Airmail Saver (7-16 Business Days)...

They even sent me a pic of my order all gathered up and ready to box!

Pretty stoked for their arrival - I hadn't even assembled the set I have, but when I saw the new matte silver "Jelly Bean" slot mag faceplates I absolutely had to get 'em, and of course I needed 5-lug hubs to bolt them up.

Now as long as I don't eff-up the plans I have for the special secret body!

Hey thanks durok!"thumbsup"

Great to hear about Atees and their shipping cost. Seems like a good deal at $10 to ship from overseas. I'll have to check out what they offer for face plates and other accessories. The Jelly Bean slot mags would be a cool old school look to have!

Now I'm wondering what this "special secret body" is!;-)

Small update. Finally was able to pick up the TGH Spur Locker. It's another hard-to-find item that is usually out-of-stock. Also picked up an Incision 56T spur gear to go with it.

While I had the FMM out, I cut a piece of shrink wrap and installed it on the upper driveshaft to help keep it more stable since it is so short.

IMG_7239.jpg

IMG_7314.jpg

IMG_7315.jpg

IMG_7316.jpg

Looking good Brian! "thumbsup"

I've gotta try one of them bare-bones trannies one day.

Hey thanks!"thumbsup"

Hoping to get back on to this build soon! Life has been a little crazy lately and haven't had a chance to even look at my rigs!:roll:

Hey thanks!"thumbsup"

Hoping to get back on to this build soon! Life has been a little crazy lately and haven't had a chance to even look at my rigs!:roll:

Same here lol. I'm trying to build a C1 right now before September and between school and work I have almost no spare time.

I like the heat shrink on the driveshaft. Gonna have to give that a try myself. "thumbsup"

Yeah, it does it great job in holding the driveshaft together!"thumbsup"

Same here, Might help keep mine together until I get a longer one:lmao:

"thumbsup"

Thanks for sharing your build. Looks great so far.

Thank you and thanks for checking it out!"thumbsup"

Hoping to jump back on this build soon so I can get it out on the rocks before the snow flies!

For those of you who have forgotten about this build, me included:ror:, I have an update!

I was finally able to get my hands on a set of the Team Garage Hack TGH-HH H.O. V1.1 E.B.R. Edition Wheels for my GSpeed V1-C1 build. They are currently in stock in different colors and on sale. The V1 wheels are being replaced with a V2 design.

Back when I first started building this rig, I wanted the TGH wheels, but at the time they were really HOT and they were never in stock. So I went ahead and got the BoomRacing ProBuild wheels instead.

Well today the TGH wheels get installed!:)

IMG_8671.jpg

Now that I have them in hand, they feel a lot lighter than I had imagined. In all of the pics I've seen of these wheels, they look to have some mass to them. Well they don't! They are light as a feather.

Here are the weights unmounted and mounted. Also a pic of them mounted on the ProBuild wheels.

Looks like the TGH alum wheels are identical in weight to the ProBuild wheels with the CF rings.

IMG_8675.jpg

IMG_8674.jpg

IMG_8673.jpg

And a few pics with the wheels installed. These wheels fit right around the portal boxes as close as they can without rubbing.

IMG_8676.jpg

IMG_8677.jpg

IMG_8678.jpg

Now that I have the wheels that I plan to run on this rig I can now tackle the job of heating and rolling the fenders to match the diameter of the tires.
I've never done the heating and rolling before, but I did watch a YouTube video!:ror: We'll see how this goes! Hopefully I won't have to buy a new cab and bed!

Good to see your back on this build! This truck is one of the inspirations for the v1c1 I’m working on.

Have you tried putting a motor in this yet? I’m curious if you will run into the same front upper link issue I ran into. I’m running trx4 axles and had to move the front upper link to the outside of the chassis and axle mount.

For class 1 I think you can get away with just mild trimming the fenders a little for tire clearance. The tire tread should still be half covered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love those wheels, and held off when I found a set recently. I wonder if that’s the same set… haha. They look right at home on this build.

Good to see your back on this build! This truck is one of the inspirations for the v1c1 I’m working on.

Have you tried putting a motor in this yet? I’m curious if you will run into the same front upper link issue I ran into. I’m running trx4 axles and had to move the front upper link to the outside of the chassis and axle mount.

For class 1 I think you can get away with just mild trimming the fenders a little for tire clearance. The tire tread should still be half covered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad that I'm finally able to get back to this build! I've been wanting to get this one done for awhile now. The trimming or rolling of the fenders is what had stopped this build in it's tracks. Now that I have the wheel of choice on it and know exactly what width and how much body I need to cover the tires, the build should start to speed up.

I haven't decided on a motor or ESC yet. I may start off with a HW 1080 which means the motor will be a 540 size. I have already had to bend the upper front link to clear the FMM motor plate. Not sure yet if the link will clear with a motor installed. In the end I would like to see some sort of Revolver motor and possibly a Mamba Micro ESC.

I love those wheels, and held off when I found a set recently. I wonder if that’s the same set… haha. They look right at home on this build.

I like these wheels too. I was bummed that I had to wait so long to get them, but kinda glad I did because I was able to save a little money on them since they are on the clearance rack! I may pick up a different color bead lock ring for these wheels before they go out of stock.

Looking good so far"thumbsup"

Thank you much!"thumbsup""thumbsup"

Build is looking good! I suppose I should build one of these flat rail things sooner or later. :lmao:

U should indeed soze lol. Theyre a fun build n perform wonderfully. Ive got a v1c1 n 2 v3 rigs, currently gatherin parts for a gshot rig. If u wanna add some bling to it, gspeed has colored cf rails too. The blue really pops in the sunlight. I hear the red, green, n yellow/gold does too. Ive got a set of purple for the gshot sittin on the shelf.

Brian, how soon can we expect an update on this beauty? Its been a minute brother lol

Build is looking good! I suppose I should build one of these flat rail things sooner or later. :lmao:

Thanks soze!"thumbsup"

Yeah they're fun builds. I am shocked one of these hasn't landed on your bench yet!:lmao:

U should indeed soze lol. Theyre a fun build n perform wonderfully. Ive got a v1c1 n 2 v3 rigs, currently gatherin parts for a gshot rig. If u wanna add some bling to it, gspeed has colored cf rails too. The blue really pops in the sunlight. I hear the red, green, n yellow/gold does too. Ive got a set of purple for the gshot sittin on the shelf.

Brian, how soon can we expect an update on this beauty? Its been a minute brother lol

Yeah it has been a minute or two, even days! Hoping to get back on this soon. I wanted to have this done last year. This build has been the one that I really wanted to get done. Flaring the fenders has been the hold up as of late. I'm still trying to find a nice solid round object to use to roll the fenders and get the proper diameter.

I promise, no more other builds until the V1-C1 is done!:lmao:

Back