• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

B-MOW's GSPEED TGH-V3 LCG Chassis Build

Looks damn good! The yoda sticker works perfect for a grille emblem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats awesome brian! U done a fantastic job. Wish i could get mine to come out that nice lol. Cant wait to see some action on the rocks

That may be the BEST comp-style paint job I've ever seen..."thumbsup"

The colors, masking, and decal choices are nigh perfect!

Paint is on point!! Great job Brian.

Thanks guys! Appreciate the kind words!"thumbsup"

Sorry for the delay in comment. I just noticed all of your comments.

Can't wait to get this out on the rocks when all this &$%*@? snow melts and the temp gets warmer!

I feel u! Its not snow thats got me at a stand still, its rain n the cold. We get nice warm days thru the week, then cold n rainy on weekend when ive got time to go do somethin

This looks awesome man, helluva job man. "thumbsup"

Did the snow ever melt down that way? We just got fresh snow today...:lmao:

Not sure if I missed it or not, but what did you end up with for a wheelbase?

Hey thanks man!"thumbsup"

Yeah, the snow is finally out of here, but now the spring rains have arrived and it is still a little chilly. Probably not as cold as where you are though. Ugh, sorry to hear about the snow!

I don't think I mentioned it, but the wheelbase is right at 313mm.

Hey thanks man!"thumbsup"

Yeah, the snow is finally out of here, but now the spring rains have arrived and it is still a little chilly. Probably not as cold as where you are though. Ugh, sorry to hear about the snow!

I don't think I mentioned it, but the wheelbase is right at 313mm.

Perfect, thanks man "thumbsup"

At home, the temps aren't too bad, ranging from the low teens to high 30's.

At work it's a different different story... It's been hovering between 5 above and 10 below, but with a windchill in the -20's.

Perfect, thanks man "thumbsup"

At home, the temps aren't too bad, ranging from the low teens to high 30's.

At work it's a different different story... It's been hovering between 5 above and 10 below, but with a windchill in the -20's.

Your welcome!"thumbsup"

10 below with -20 wind chill, NO THANKS!:shock: :ror:

I guess I won't complain about the 40 to 50's I'm having here anymore!;-)

Damn, we hit 96 today - I was grousing about South Central Texas doing the usual summertime super-early thing... :cry:

Damn, we hit 96 today - I was grousing about South Central Texas doing the usual summertime super-early thing... :cry:

I saw that you guys out west was getting a heat wave!:shock: From one extreme to another!:cry:

Sometimes that happens here in Ohio, we'll go from winter to summer and skip spring. We'll skip right over the pleasant 70's and go right into the humid 90's.:roll:

This makes me want to buy a Gspeed chassis and start my first ever custom rig.

You can't go wrong with the GSpeed chassis's. If it were me, I'd pick up the Element Gatekeeper Builders Kit and a GSpeed V3 carbon fiber kit. This would make for a competitive rig at a decent price!

Well it's been awhile since this rig has gotten any love and attention.

In the process of 3D printing a cage and interior for it. Downloaded the Harley Designs 3D files of the Cliffhanger cage and interior parts that Josh designed.

Still printing as I type, but here is a few sneak peaks.

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg

I'll update more when I get the prints done."thumbsup"

Well it's been awhile since this rig has gotten any love and attention.

In the process of 3D printing a cage and interior for it. Downloaded the Harley Designs 3D files of the Cliffhanger cage and interior parts that Josh designed.

Still printing as I type, but here is a few sneak peaks.

View attachment 402067

View attachment 402068

I'll update more when I get the prints done."thumbsup"
That's pretty sweet.

Looks like your using cura slicer, can save time and filament setting your supports to "tree", allows the to get to some wicked places qhile only being attached to the build plate.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

That's pretty sweet.

Looks like your using cura slicer, can save time and filament setting your supports to "tree", allows the to get to some wicked places qhile only being attached to the build plate.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Yeah I am using Cura. I didn't know that about the supports. I'm still a 3D print newb!:ror:

I'm all about saving time and filament! I'll give that a try on the seats I'm getting ready to print tonight. Thanks for the tip!!"thumbsup"

Got the cage, dash and seats printed. Switched to tree supports that @tigris99 recommended and WOW, big difference in print time and support cleanup! I used the tree supports on the seats and saved almost 2 hours in print time and cleanup was super easy!

Here's the pics so far. Still need to finish cleaning up the cage and dash and figure out if I want to paint the dash a different color. I switched to a different brand of PLA for the seats and am impressed at how well they turned out. The steering wheel is an Axial spare that I had. Probably modify it or replace it with something else once I fit a driver in there.

IMG_0975(1).jpg

IMG_0979(1).jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

As you can tell in the pics, the cage is off a little halfway down. I screwed up and paused the print and when I restarted it, it looked to be off by about 1-2mm. Lesson learned!:x

IMG_0982.jpg

Drilled out the mounting holes in the body and installed with M2.5 screws.

IMG_0983(1).jpg

IMG_0984(1).jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

Had to remove the spur gear cover. The center bar that has the seat mounts was hitting the cover.

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

I was late to the party but read through your entire build. Looking super good.

Don't feel bad, I'm often late to them too!:ror:

Thanks for checking it out!"thumbsup" Hoping to get back to work on this rig soon!

Back