• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

B-MOW's GSPEED TGH-V3 LCG Chassis Build

What is the weight difference between the carbon fiber rails and the G10?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Hey MaX, looks like the G10 is @ 3.3oz. & the CF is @ 2.5oz.

b7f13200d75e15adf33833aaefa3ca83.jpg

efc4f7c9129991dbec88e9e2eb361ec7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

build is looking great i am very interested in picking one of these carbon kits either from g-speed or tgh... just cnat find a carbon kit :oops: all the kits available are with alum or g-10 ... really wanted the carbon look"thumbsup"

build is looking great i am very interested in picking one of these carbon kits either from g-speed or tgh... just cnat find a carbon kit :oops: all the kits available are with alum or g-10 ... really wanted the carbon look"thumbsup"

Thanks Speedy!"thumbsup"

Can't go wrong with the GSpeed! I haven't owned a TGH, but they look like great chassis' as well.

Look like you just missed out on the carbon fiber kits. They were in stock last week. Wait a sec, I just checked GSpeed website. Look like the carbon kits are now in stock again! Better hurry!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

:ror: Yeah so do I. I'm surprised I didn't think about weighing them before now! Thanks for jumpstarting my brain!"thumbsup"

I think they went out of stock because the skids and sliders were out also. But I scored everything I need to finish my build today!
And who needs an excuse to have anything made out of carbon fiber.. haha but it being lighter is a definite plus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they went out of stock because the skids and sliders were out also. But I scored everything I need to finish my build today!
And who needs an excuse to have anything made out of carbon fiber.. haha but it being lighter is a definite plus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think so too. It surprised me last night when I checked their website to see a lot of the items back in stock. They may not last long though! These rigs are hot these days!

Glad to hear you got everything to get your rig finished up. Can't wait to see it!

I got the G10 rails swapped out for the carbon fiber rails last night.

Also got the panhard link straightened out. Link length right at 100mm. Added a Jato rod end on one side. I cut about 6mm off of the Jato to get to 100mm total length.

IMG_6032.jpg

Pics of the beautiful shiny carbon fiber rails.8)

IMG_6033.jpg

IMG_6034.jpg

I was looking for a place to mount the ESC and reciever other than on the sliders. I headed over to Fushion 360 and whipped up this. I made it to mount to the laydown servo mount right behind the servo.

I drilled and taped a couple 3mm threads in the laydown servo mount to attach the electronics tray.

IMG_6024.jpg

IMG_6035.jpg

IMG_6036.jpg

IMG_6037.jpg

IMG_6038.jpg

I didn't like how sloppy the stock steel link balls were in the rod ends on the skid plate, so lucky for me I had a bag of VP brass link balls in my spare parts bin. These brass balls are a touch wider than the stock balls, so I had to widen the slot with a file. The brass balls fit nice and tight and have zero slop now.

IMG_6039.jpg

Hoping to get the electronics installed tonight. Also need to add a battery tray. I found one on Thingiverse that should work out quite nicely. More on that later.

Spent some time in the garage working on the V3. Found a battery tray on Thingiverse designed by a fellow GSpeeder. It was an easy print and it looks like it will work out perfectly for this build.

IMG_5984.jpg

Marked the holes for the battery tray and drilled away. Man, these CF rails are tough to drill. I pre-drilled slow and steady with a tiny bit and then re-drilled with a 7/64 drill bit. Ended up burning up 4 drill bits to get to get the job done! I should have taken the rails back apart and drilled them in my drill press, but wasn't in the mood to dismantle everything again!

IMG_6042.jpg

IMG_6043.jpg

And now a look with the electronics installed. Using the Hobbywing 1080 and a Spectrum SR515 5-channel receiver paired up with my DX5C. Still need to work on better wire management and get the antenna secured.

I like that most of the weight of the electronics is up front over the axle, but it also puts the weight higher up in the rig. I guess I'll see how it performs and see if the electronics will need to be moved down to the sliders.

IMG_6046.jpg

IMG_6047.jpg

IMG_6048.jpg

IMG_6049.jpg

Here is a look at how the V3 sits for weight. Not bad, but need to get to at least a 60/40 front to rear. I still need to add a front bumper, so that should help out getting more weight up front.

IMG_6045.jpg

Now I've got to decide on a body. The Power Wagon has been used so many times now that there aren't very many paint colors or schemes left to use, but this body is a proven winner. The Creep is another body that has been used numerous times too, but it seems to work out well for this type of rig. I may take a look at the new Pro-Line Cliffhanger for this build. It's new and hasn't been over used, yet!

Sweet build I’ve got a set of G10 coming and using an element builders kit for the doner. I grabbed the battery tray yesterday and be printing that to try it looks like it fits good

Sweet build I’ve got a set of G10 coming and using an element builders kit for the doner. I grabbed the battery tray yesterday and be printing that to try it looks like it fits good

Hey thanks![emoji1303]

Congrats on the G10! The Element Enduro looks like it’s a great rig to use for it. I’ve seen a lot of builds with them and they look like they perform great. I’m planning on switching my Enduro over to the G10 rails soon.

The battery does fit good, but I had to use about a 2mm spacer on each of the front mounting tabs since the rails get narrower toward the front of the chassis. You should have better luck drilling the G10. The carbon fiber is tough stuff!

dont suppose u have the file for that tray do u i could use one"thumbsup"

I just put the tray up on Thingiverse.

Here is the link:https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4803546

The picture I uploaded is not showing on my end yet. Maybe you'll be able to see it.

Side note: I designed this around the Savox servo that is currently in the rig. It is smaller in size than a normal size servo, so not sure how the tray will work with other servos. I didn't think about that when I drew it up!:oops:

Now I've got to decide on a body. The Power Wagon has been used so many times now that there aren't very many paint colors or schemes left to use, but this body is a proven winner. The Creep is another body that has been used numerous times too, but it seems to work out well for this type of rig. I may take a look at the new Pro-Line Cliffhanger for this build. It's new and hasn't been over used, yet!

Don't forget about the new JConcpets F250! :ror: The PW is so overused, but I guess that's what happens when there's only a handful of options. I'm glad Proline and JConcepts is coming out with more options though! "thumbsup"

I just put the tray up on Thingiverse.

Here is the link:https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4803546

The picture I uploaded is not showing on my end yet. Maybe you'll be able to see it.

Side note: I designed this around the Savox servo that is currently in the rig. It is smaller in size than a normal size servo, so not sure how the tray will work with other servos. I didn't think about that when I drew it up!:oops:

thank u so much i tried to make one in fusion but just getting the hang of it so not very good yet

thank u so much i tried to make one in fusion but just getting the hang of it so not very good yet

Your welcome![emoji1306]

I hear ya, I’m still trying to get it figured out. This tray is only my 3rd project. It gets a little easier once you learn where to find and how to use the tools.

Your welcome![emoji1306]

I hear ya, I’m still trying to get it figured out. This tray is only my 3rd project. It gets a little easier once you learn where to find and how to use the tools.

i just started to put a g speed chasis truck together got the rails yesterday got ssd axles under it right now but going to change to ar44

Back