• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

B-MOW's GSPEED TGH-V3 LCG Chassis Build

Bruh, the build looks killer so far! I fully agree the PW is played out, I would love to see the Cliff Hanger on there ;-) Put your flame suit on because the hard core LCG guys will blast you for using that battery tray, lol. I look forward to seeing some running vid!

Lou

Bruh, the build looks killer so far! I fully agree the PW is played out, I would love to see the Cliff Hanger on there ;-) Put your flame suit on because the hard core LCG guys will blast you for using that battery tray, lol. I look forward to seeing some running vid!

Lou

Thanks man!"thumbsup"

Yeah, I've been seriously thinking about getting the Cliffhanger for it. I'm hoping that my LHS will get one in stock soon so that I don't have to order one and have to pay crazy shipping cost. I'll admit, I do like the PW body and it fits well on these types of chassis', but I just don't know if I can add another to the long list of them all ready out there!

:lmao: I am fully prepared for the ripping I'm going to get for the battery tray!:lmao: The problem is is that I just don't have any of them tiny batteries at the moment that many guys run on the sliders. I really wanted to keep the weight balanced and I figured keeping everything up front would help with that. It is close to the 60/40 that I'm looking for. Who know's, I may change it up in the future. I am still trying to learn all this LCG stuff!:ror:

Hahaha, I feel you. I would prefer to keep all my weight centered as well. Ive been flying drones for years so I have a few of the smaller packs laying around. I use a 3s 1300 on my V3 and its not too bad. I've been tweaking it for months and still chasing the dragon. I say hang the "rules" and just keep going till it drives like you want. Seriously though, this is a sweet build so far. I'm sure your gonna love it.

Lou

Hahaha, I feel you. I would prefer to keep all my weight centered as well. Ive been flying drones for years so I have a few of the smaller packs laying around. I use a 3s 1300 on my V3 and its not too bad. I've been tweaking it for months and still chasing the dragon. I say hang the "rules" and just keep going till it drives like you want. Seriously though, this is a sweet build so far. I'm sure your gonna love it.

Lou

Thanks Lou!"thumbsup"

Yeah, who follows rules!:lmao: I'm going to look into getting smaller battery packs in the future so I can do some experimenting. If I find that it is too top heavy, I may move some things down to the sliders.

Another great looking build! Will be following this one along as well. "thumbsup"

Big like on the battery tray.

Thanks TB!"thumbsup"

I do like the battery tray and it does hold the battery well. It has always worked out great in this location on my other rigs. I'll see how it does once I get the chance to test it out!

I can't believe I waited so long on trying out the GSpeed way of life! Man, these sure are addicting!

I finally got my hands on the new Cliffhanger body. I've been waiting for my LHS to get one in stock since Pro-Line released this body. Luckily I was fast enough to get the first and only one they had the same day they got it in.

Got it all cut out and mounted. This body fits great on this chassis! Almost looks like this body was designed for it! The more I look at it, the more it reminds me of my 1:1 Gen 1 Chevy Colorado daily driver. The cab and fender flares are very similar. Though I believe it was made to resemble a highly modified Toyota.

As it sits now, there is very little tire rub on the front fender, but I do plan on running larger tires, so I'll have to do a little more trimming later on.

Now I just need to figure out the color and scheme I want to use on this body. Not sure if I want to use my normal paint scheme with the Pure Orange and Bright Gun Metal like I have used in the past or change it up and paint it another color.

IMG_6333.jpg

IMG_6334.jpg

IMG_6335.jpg

Stoked to see how this body turns out. Haven’t been a huge fan of the cliffhanger, but wasn’t a fan of the JT either until your build and the JT body is now top of the list for me. I’m glad you chose the cliffhanger because I need to see one that changes my mind. As always... looking amazing!

10.3 JLU
Capra
Gspeed V3 FMM
Gspeed V3 2.Low
LowRangeRC in progress
Toyzuki build in progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome, can’t wait to see it painted up. As much as I like the classic B-MOW paint, I’d personally go something different. Although, it would look good matched up next to your B-MOW’d out VS4-10 and TRX4 Sport....

If I was the put this body in 1:1, id say a 1st Gen Tacoma cab, 99-07 F250 tailgate/taillights, and some weird variant of a bricknose Ford grille/headlights with fiberglass everywhere in between lol.

SCX10ii Yota
TRX-4 Bronco

Last edited:
Man, the cliffhanger fits like a glove brian. Ive been sittin on the edge of buyin one. Ive seen it in person n its a pretty sweet body imo. Also been teeterin on the buy button for the gspeed chassis lol.

As for color, id go deep purple n gunmetal, cause purples my fav color lol. Or metallic blue n silver would look good too

Stoked to see how this body turns out. Haven’t been a huge fan of the cliffhanger, but wasn’t a fan of the JT either until your build and the JT body is now top of the list for me. I’m glad you chose the cliffhanger because I need to see one that changes my mind. As always... looking amazing!

Thanks Shane!"thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

I really wasn't sure how I felt about the Cliffhanger when I first saw it. Now that I have it I'm glad I got it. It fits very well.

I'll do my best to change your mind!;-):ror:

Awesome, can’t wait to see it painted up. As much as I like the classic B-MOW paint, I’d personally go something different. Although, it would look good matched up next to your B-MOW’d out VS4-10 and TRX4 Sport....

If I was the put this body in 1:1, id say a 1st Gen Tacoma cab, 99-07 F250 tailgate/taillights, and some weird variant of a bricknose Ford grille/headlights with fiberglass everywhere in between lol.

Thanks man!"thumbsup"

Yeah, I agree, though I do love orange!:)

This body does have the Tacoma vibe. It's sorta like the Element bodies that have a mix of different makes and models wrapped up in one.

Man, the cliffhanger fits like a glove brian. Ive been sittin on the edge of buyin one. Ive seen it in person n its a pretty sweet body imo. Also been teeterin on the buy button for the gspeed chassis lol.

As for color, id go deep purple n gunmetal, cause purples my fav color lol. Or metallic blue n silver would look good too

Thanks bama!"thumbsup" It does fit great! I like how the bed is designed to fit over the rear shock hoops and yet still sits low on the chassis.

I'd go ahead and smash the buy button on the G-chassis! No need to wait any longer!:lmao:

Purple and gunmetal would look great! And I do like your idea of met blue and silver! I could do something similar to my TLR 22 5.0 that is still waiting to be driven! It is a metallic blue and bright gun metal.

IMG_5425.jpg

IMG_5426.jpg

Did a tire and wheel swap. I decided to try the Nitto Trail Grapplers that I took off of my JT Gladiator. Mounted them up on a spare set of wheels.

Also had a spare set of Beef Tubes Beef Patties so I went ahead and put them on. I put a set of brass on the front and a set of aluminum on the rear. I had previously painted these to look more scale and to hide the brass look.

And since the Beef Patties add a little bit of width, the stock metric hub screws were not long enough to tighten down and I didn't have longer metrics to use. I decided to put on a set of VP 350 hubs and use longer 4-40 screws to tighten everything down.

IMG_7248.jpg

IMG_7249.jpg

IMG_7250.jpg

IMG_7251.jpg

The weather finally cooled down a touch, so I got the body masked and prepped for paint. Got the first few coats of paint on last night. Hoping to finish the rest up tonight or tomorrow.

Finished body pics coming soon!!!

Those look really good! I wasn’t able to get the performance I was hoping for out of the nitto’s, which sucks because I really like the look of them, and they are pretty easy to get these days.

I ended up using soft/med lil nova 4.5’s and it started working a little better. Maybe with more time they would have broken in. The internal ribbing makes these quite stiff compared to most other tires I’ve used. I look forward to seeing how they do for you.

Those look really good! I wasn’t able to get the performance I was hoping for out of the nitto’s, which sucks because I really like the look of them, and they are pretty easy to get these days.

I ended up using soft/med lil nova 4.5’s and it started working a little better. Maybe with more time they would have broken in. The internal ribbing makes these quite stiff compared to most other tires I’ve used. I look forward to seeing how they do for you.

Thanks twade!"thumbsup"

I do like the looks of them and have been wanting to try them out. I took them off my Gladiator right out of the box because I wasn't sure how well they would work. I did throw in a set of CI foams when I first got them, but never gave them a try. If I remember correctly, I put firms in rear and mediums in front. They may be a little too stiff. I guess I'll give them a try and see how they do. I did hear someone say that once they are broke in they work really well.

I've been waiting for my LHS to get a set of Trenchers in stock. I'll probably get them if these Nitto's don't work out.

Well, after 2 months of waiting, the Cliffhanger body finally has been painted!:) Thanks to life, time, weather and other builds, this build kinda got pushed off to the side. I'm now glad to say that the painting is done and it can finally go outside to play on some rocks!

For the paint, I decided to go with my 2021 paint scheme. I took the the paint colors and theme that I used on my GSpeed V3 Origin build (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/624080-b-mows-gspeed-v3-vs4-10-origin-vfd-build.html) and changed it up a bit. The black areas are painted on the outside and topped with Tamiya PS55 Flat Clear. I used the outside film as masking.

Also added a little special decal on the grill from RC Plate Shop!:)

69C07F50-C4E9-484A-A4B4-A7AD75810DF5.jpg

IMG_7318.jpg

IMG_7320.jpg

IMG_7321.jpg

IMG_7322.jpg

IMG_7323.jpg

IMG_7319.jpg

Looks damn good! The yoda sticker works perfect for a grille emblem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats awesome brian! U done a fantastic job. Wish i could get mine to come out that nice lol. Cant wait to see some action on the rocks

That may be the BEST comp-style paint job I've ever seen..."thumbsup"

The colors, masking, and decal choices are nigh perfect!

Back