• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

B-MOW's GSPEED V1-C1 Mojave Class 1 Build

Something also that I've been dying to try out is the hair buns in place of foams. I picked up a set of medium 3" hair buns at my local Dollar Tree for about $1 per bun. Super cheap way to stuff the tires with something that wont' mind getting wet and should keep its shape. Gotta give thanks to @DRIsotope for this cool tip! I've been hooked on watching his vids at the Crawler Canyon on the Tube and have been wanting to try this hair bun idea ever since I heard him talk about them.

That's a super nifty idea. I'll have to give that a whirl on one of my lighter rigs.

Great looking rig so far!

Nice little mod to the ride height and rear bumper. Such a good looking C1! I'm way overdue for some hardbody builds.

Thanks Goro. Can't wait to see your new hardbody Toyota build!:)

Raise Hell, Praise Dale!
New stance looks good Brian.
Thanks man. Hard to believe its been 23 years since we lost Dale. Forever the Man In Black!

Yep looks great [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Tom."thumbsup"

That's a super nifty idea. I'll have to give that a whirl on one of my lighter rigs.

Great looking rig so far!

Thanks, yeah it works great!

Replaced the steering servo today. The servo that I had installed was ok and operated fine. It was slow, but got the job done. The Flash Hobby 60kg servo that is going in came out of my newest Phoenix black edition. I wasn't happy with how it performed in the Phoenix. For some reason it was jerky when turning to the left.

So I thought I try it out in a lighter rig to see if it would perform better. Easy swap out. While I had the servo out, I noticed that I had forgotten to finish the servo link to knuckle. Cut a piece of stainless tube to cover the all-thread that was previously installed.

After install took it across the basement floor to see how it acts. For one, this servo is loud. Definitely not the quietest! And it is almost too fast. It takes some delicately slow turning of the steering wheel to get a nice smooth turn out of it. Left hand turning still acts funny, but seems a tiny bit better in this rig.

Once I get it out on the rocks I'll make the final decision if I scrap this servo and just go buy an NSCRC servo like I probably should have done.

IMG_4125.jpg

IMG_4126.jpg

While I had the Yota in the shop, I swapped out the stock TGH alum wheel hubs for a set of cheapy brass 9mm wide hubs. They add a tiny bit more weight at the axle. As it sits currently, there has not been any weight added to the front axle except for these hubs and a set of 6mm wide brass hexes. I may in the future add some brass knuckles to it.

IMG_4141.jpg

IMG_4142.jpg

IMG_4143.jpg

IMG_4144.jpg

IMG_4145.jpg

Took the Mojave out for a drive by the lake. Love driving this rig. It so smooth and very capable and looks the scale part as it does it.

No breakdowns or issues to report. Just a fun day of driving. A few pics below.

IMG_4167.jpg

IMG_4169.jpg

IMG_4171.jpg

Almost forgot, before I took it out for a drive, I pulled off the ugly red stock diff covers and installed a set of cheap Amazon brass diff covers. The are about 38 grams per cover.

IMG_4164.jpg

IMG_4165.jpg

Also installed the Powershift RC TF2 Mojave light kit. Adds another scale touch to it. The only issue I have with the LED lights is that the headlights are a bright white. I would have like the lights to be a duller yellow to match the year of the truck. Not a deal breaker though. You can see in the above pics the brightness of the lights.

IMG_4151.jpg

If you contact Powershift rc he can put the yellow lights in to match the year of the truck.

If you contact Powershift rc he can put the yellow lights in to match the year of the truck.

Thanks, didn’t know that.[emoji1303]

I ordered these from Amain not even thinking about the color. If I get ambitious I may relight them with period correct color. For now though, these lights may stay since it’ll be a pain in the ass to change them out!

Thanks, didn’t know that.[emoji1303]

I ordered these from Amain not even thinking about the color. If I get ambitious I may relight them with period correct color. For now though, these lights may stay since it’ll be a pain in the ass to change them out!

Ahhhh okay. Yeah on his website you can choose color.

Ahhhh okay. Yeah on his website you can choose color.

Nice. Visited the website last night. I did see the color options.
Question. I have a RC4WD Toyota Extra Cab build I’m working on. I don’t see a light kit for it, but do see one for the 4Runner. I’m assuming they are the same??

Back