• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

B-MOW's Garage...Misc. Projects and Random Rig Builds

So many people are killing the Grom diffs on FB. I'm not saying FB bashers are the brightest group though.
Supposedly they started putting in the metal gear diffs this summer to solve that problem. I asked about this after I bought it and was considering another or the mojave grom.

All Mojave groms should have metal gear diffs.

I gotta say I haven't pulled it out to check and I'm not a big fan of the guy at my local hobby town who I asked. Other guys there are great though.

We'll see.

I think I've read they have metal spider gears, but plastic side gears. I also haven't pulled mine apart to confirm. I have ripped around a bit with the brushless and it's been good so far.

Correct metal spider and plastic side gears. I run 3-4 batteries thru them back to back on the track. Awesome little vehicles. I quit running the 1/10 sct 2wd with the guys and only run these with them now.
My daughters got the buggy for me then I bought the Mojave and a week later I bought the Granite. If I go brushless it will be a sensored motor from rcjuice and a Mamba micro x esc.

Does that apply to the buggy, is it durable, fun for the $140 ?
It sounded like that was new in the mojave, but I'm not sure if they have updated the previous models. Outside of the diffs (maybe axles if you get wild with it) I haven't seen any big durability issues. They sell a $40 pair of all metal gear diffs if the stock breaks, then you're set.

Daughters bought the buggy for my birthday.
I will say that I am impressed by how fast the brushed motor is
Buggy the best on the track handles amazing
Mojave is almost right there with the buggy on the track body armor inside the body adds a lil weight
Granite shortest wheelbase can spin out easily but it drifts good into the corner also no fan on the motor but easy fix
Groms have been super durable for me so far. I let newbies run them and they have a blast.
I run them with 1/10 2wd sct trucks on the track. Getting landed on, tumbling and side by side racing they are great and hold their own very well.
On the Mojave I ran low on 60wt shock oil. So I mixed 3000 diff fluid and the 60wt oil in the shocks half and half.

Does that apply to the buggy, is it durable, fun for the $140 ?
I was told it applies to buggies as of sometime this summer. Our hobby town sells through these quickly so unless you get old stock it should be the updated diff.

My 5 year old plays demolition derby with this and his gatekeeper. I'm absolutely amazed neither has suffered a failure.

Back