• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Re: Harley's Wraith - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra4

I just installed The 3300/mmp and so far I like it, I havent crawled yet but we''l' have to see on that one. On the pics of your doors Do a shot of full doors, I know you don't like them but It might look better than the pics you have up, just my $.02 The thing looks rad but if your going for a KOH look everyone runs full doors. Someone said clear doors and That would look pretty cool with some stickers on them so you can tell theres something there.

Here is one from when I brought it home. My original stated plan was for a clear door and I would definitely have stickers on it. At this point that is still what I am leaning towards.

9358aa08.jpg

Ahhh, good call. I thought the Robinson page said 4x4. Looking forward to beefing it up!

You'll like it. Much wider range of adjustment and its not all-or-nothing. Plus it will sound like one of Patton's tanks at low speed.

Here is one from when I brought it home. My original stated plan was for a clear door and I would definitely have stickers on it. At this point that is still what I am leaning towards.

9358aa08.jpg

I don't think it has to much door, buy the time you have seats and a driver in it it should look right. The window opening looks to be about the same size as the wraith is it. You also need to put in a hole at the bottom of the doors for a step. You might even look at leaving the door like they are and putting clear in the front fire wall where your feet go, most like to see the tire and where its going to hit the rock. looking out the door is pretty limited to a side view only

You'll like it. Much wider range of adjustment and its not all-or-nothing. Plus it will sound like one of Patton's tanks at low speed.

Yeah the all metal on metal sound has never been my favorite but I'll take it for the sake of durability. I ordered Team Associate pinions with the 5mm through bore for this Pro4 as well. I know some people have overlooked that.

I don't think it has to much door, buy the time you have seats and a driver in it it should look right. The window opening looks to be about the same size as the wraith is it. You also need to put in a hole at the bottom of the doors for a step. You might even look at leaving the door like they are and putting clear in the front fire wall where your feet go, most like to see the tire and where its going to hit the rock. looking out the door is pretty limited to a side view only

Yeah a step cut out is definitely planned no matter the choice. The Lexan footwell panels are always a good idea until you run anywhere east of Denver and its covered with dirt or mud in 5 mins and completely useless :lol:

Josh, two 3300 or one 3300 and one 4000 kv?
now after running 3300 on 3s , i'm running 4000 on 3s, 11t pinion and 58t spur, 38/13 HD ring and pinion, start up is smooth ;)

Yeah a step cut out is definitely planned no matter the choice. The Lexan footwell panels are always a good idea until you run anywhere east of Denver and its covered with dirt or mud in 5 mins and completely useless :lol:

lmao......we dont have to much of that out here at the Hammers.

Yeah the all metal on metal sound has never been my favorite but I'll take it for the sake of durability. I ordered Team Associate pinions with the 5mm through bore for this Pro4 as well. I know some people have overlooked that.

Make sure they are hardened steel or the RRP spur will eat them in short order.

i have 58t spur from Traxxas and 11t pinion from associated and the combo is perfect, no noises!

Looking good Harley!

Really like the light bars! You gave me some ideas to improve my rear one "thumbsup"

mine wasnt turning out the way I wanted, so I got some changes and tweakes I am going to try.

You know that front bumper is awefully nekkid... :lol:

I really like the top bar, thanks again for your help.

Oh hey, forgot to mention I had conceived of a third 1" light bar design. I should have some CAD done on it later this week...

Threw the Pro4 in while just to check clearances and wire routing. No problems 8)

62be6c47.jpg

8d7b1720.jpg

And now with the motor it's getting even heavier (this was with the stock Wraith seats which are 4oz's I think)

:shock:

41f7fef9.jpg

OK, I have narrowed it down to these side panels options. Still leaning heavily towards the clear door panel. Although the full side panel isn't looking as bad as I first thought, so it's likely my 2nd choice.

2d523b5a.jpg

c97f651d.jpg

5efcd25d.jpg

If I wanted to mod the cage I would go with this option. But until I decide to tear it down and redo some things I don't think I'll go this way.

077ce43b.jpg

AND THEN....

I saw someone had used a JK dash in a scale build that used a Wraith interior so I wanted to mock it up and just see what it would look like. At this point, I'm thinking pass... :roll:

I don't really like how the center console would flow into the sides of the dash at all.

Currently (old stock interior)
bf71310b.jpg

Comparison
ffad77ab.jpg

Test fit
bceea5a3.jpg

4ac003b6.jpg

fc4d6c42.jpg

f498f419.jpg

Back