• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

EmeryworX RR10 Bomber Build by cmbscx10

I prefer a slightly firmer suspension, especially the rear shocks. You would think that crawling would require a soft and mushy suspension, but that's not necessarily the case. Overall sprung weight and truck weight have lots to do with setting up the shocks; I am constantly tuning my shocks trying to achieve perfection.

Yeah it is the part that takes the longest to get just right usually. True that crawling you can have fairly heavy oil, but if bombing about too, I like to see it articulate over rough ground which needs a softer setup. The bomber is in between the crawl and bash so can take a while to get the shocks just right.

I received the final Mock up pics last night. I have to go to a early meeting so i'll leave you guys with this.

That's awesome. Almost a shame to cover it up with panels.

Thanks or Thank EmeryworX really. I still can't stop looking at the pictures.

I know right. Thought about just powder coating it clear but i will more than likely powder coat it with my go to/favorite color of Orange.

I am leaning towards Barndog's panels to contrast the Orange as i am really really bad at painting. Single color anyone can do but this deserves more than a single color. Plus Lexan never lasts for me. I'll have to custom cut the front roof panel for the light bar cage but that's no big deal.

Just a suggestion but, if you are thinking about going lexan and want something custom, check out Krawler Konceptz. Michelle does custom inner skins for the Bomber. She just finished up a set for one of my builds. Actually a build I'm doing for my wife. Amazing work!

It's gonna be a nice build, Mike!! It's about time you started your build thread!! I'll be keeping an eye on this build!! [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's gonna be a nice build, Mike!! It's about time you started your build thread!! I'll be keeping an eye on this build!! [emoji1303]

Thanks. I appreciate that. I hope so and believe it will be. I took 10 steps forward in what i usually run so i am looking forward to the learning curve, especially in the suspension area cause i suck in it.

I didn't want to start a thread with just the parts i was using. Seemed to boring to me like Look at all this cool SH8t i have and months later i update it. I chose to drool at other rigs on here. There are so many it's hard to keep up. It made the time fly and gave me a lot to think about in between the EmeryworX chassis being built. It should be here later next week and the fun will really begin.

That's very nice. I just purchased one and now just waiting on my upgrade parts. This thing is so fun to drive. I'm turning mine into a crawler.

Small Update

Received the chassis and bolted on some bits to see how it looks.

D9B46E55-9D07-4892-BBCE-DB3470EBE6F5_zpsssijhj2q.jpg

A8EC6D8E-5107-44AE-BC14-1C849F19D705_zps677mbkn3.jpg

8334E145-F4D1-401E-9289-1ECAE04CDF0A_zpsw6oy7reb.jpg

5B70F04A-8C0E-43E2-8459-438ED109C577_zpskzkeeu1q.jpg

4B49E7DC-F4C1-4686-A151-650AD87442D4_zpszhewciha.jpg

358A3A0B-36DB-4CEB-A39A-08EDE8DCF3D3_zpsro84vncs.jpg

Looks freakin sweet, Mike!! Can't wait to see it come together!! [emoji1303]

Thanks for the comments ossipeecrawler and 2-Shot. I appreciate it. Slowly but surely it will come together.

I am a little anal/lack in fab skills and I have a lot of mock up and fab work to do so some parts may take a while for me to figure out and actually do. That part is kinda boring so i'll post the end results since a lot has already been done on the other awesome builds.

Next up:
1. ESC tray like 2-shot did. Can't see improving on that.
2. Receiver tray plate. I think i am going to mount it from the back tabs that hold the radiator.
3. Fire Wall / Battery Tray area. I have a cardboard mock up that i think will work. Just need to figure out how to attach it.

Looking good and expensive!:shock:"thumbsup"
Thanks for the comments ossipeecrawler and 2-Shot. I appreciate it. Slowly but surely it will come together.

I am a little anal/lack in fab skills and I have a lot of mock up and fab work to do so some parts may take a while for me to figure out and actually do. That part is kinda boring so i'll post the end results since a lot has already been done on the other awesome builds.

Next up:
1. ESC tray like 2-shot did. Can't see improving on that.
2. Receiver tray plate. I think i am going to mount it from the back tabs that hold the radiator.
3. Fire Wall / Battery Tray area. I have a cardboard mock up that i think will work. Just need to figure out how to attach it.

Looking good and expensive!:shock:"thumbsup"

Thanks i appreciate that.

You had to say something didn't you. I saved up for a long while and know exactly what it will cost in the end. After 10 Ben Franklin's who counts anyway.:lmao:

Thanks to 2-shot helping me with ideas on my skins. I designed and ordered my freqeskinz which should be here next week.

I contacted Barndog Racing and had some custom panels made which should be here next week as well. I have never seen his panels in person but if his panels are anything like his customer service you cant go wrong if you choose to go aluminum.

I need the panels in particular to finish the cage mock up for the KOH lights, battery compartment and roof light.

Last edited:
Tiny Update:
Trans shimmed, RR Slipper installed, VP Motor Mount and Mip Shafts on on DMG's bad Arse adapter plate.

344F23B2-AB1C-424A-87DB-72FCAD4E2A2D_zps2s7r5aja.jpg

1446B8AB-2344-435E-B03C-786859AE2029_zpsb313y7mk.jpg

Back