• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Re: Harley's Wraith - *New VP Disc Brake and Calipers!*

Boom.

fddd90ae.jpg

fa614ee5.jpg

ad83fb42.jpg

Where did you get the rear light bar and lenes?

Re: Harley's Wraith - *New VP Disc Brake and Calipers!*

The install inside the trans is just like normal.

Then you slide on the extra bearing supplied by SuperShafty. This is used as a spacer only, it doesn't ride against a bearing surface.

d45648a9.jpg

Then slide on the stock spacer.
6b703d7b.jpg

Now the new pin, you will notice it is a very tight fit. There will no longer be ANY front to back slop in the upper shaft.

0eef969e.jpg

Hopefully someone can help me out. I have a new SSD 2 Speed Tranny Kit (wish they sold the whole tranny) and I do NOT have an existing Wraith to get parts from. I ordered the Top Beefy Shaft from Super Shafty and now realize I need the gear that goes on the shaft (over looked that in my rush to order the shaft). What I do not know is the part number for the one gear. Can you tell me what the one gear part number is for a metal gear for the top Super Shafty 5mm shaft please?

I am struggling here being new to this, Super Shafty has a lot of broken links on their site and on here all the pics are gone so I feel like I am flying blind. Help would be much appreciated! "thumbsup"

EDIT: I called RPP and they got me hooked up. Not having a Wraith to salvage from I had no idea the stock gear is metal in the wraith. I was also surprised that the stock gear fits on the beefy new shaft. If the gears and the bearings from the stock motor fit the new shaft... what is so beefy about it?

Last edited:
The SS top shaft is from memory made from 4130, it's 5mm to the end so has a larger lock nut, apparently the stock 4mm had been known to break of at the step down to M4 thread.
It also has a 2mm cross hole for the slipper pin which the RRP unit uses. (it will work on a stock shaft, there's just to possibility of there being some backlash on the stock 1.5mm pin)

The stock Wraith (& AX10/SCX10 for that matter) trans top gear is metal but it's a sintered gear like the stock ring/pinon axle sets.
They're not know to fail often but billet steel is nicer, Hot Racing Super Duty Steel Top Drive Gear SCX10

Back