• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Re: Harley's Wraith - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra4

What DWGEditor software are you using? Did you find it as a free download or is it part of SolidWorks? I'm not too familiar with them obviously.

That is the version that comes with Solidworks. We don't run AutoCAD at my office so this has to do.

The graphics look great so far! Different in a good way.

Nate

Thanks. 8)

Not a big fan, the Ultra4 guys are usually using BFG Crawlers or the new Goodyear MTR's. That is the look I am going for most.

It would be sweet if someone made the new Nitto comp tire that some of the Jimmy's 4x4 cars are rockin'! The scale look of the Goodyear MTRs will look killer your rig."thumbsup"

It would be sweet if someone made the new Nitto comp tire that some of the Jimmy's 4x4 cars are rockin'! The scale look of the Goodyear MTRs will look killer your rig."thumbsup"

I agree! The new Nittos looked good and obviously worked well for Derek. When the 1.9 Two Face came out I had to have them. They didn't quite have the proper proportions like these 2.2's do though.

Shweet graphics there Josh. If it works well for you I might have to hit you up for a future idea I have. Im sure Freq could hook me up.
By the way, hook some gun metal gray ghosted harleys under the orange ones.

Ohh an Neal said he sent ya some stuff ??
brake pedal and shifter graphics?

Anywyas, I got a question for ya.
Im on Vanquish's site looking at the axle truss's are you gonna run them at the least in the front?

either way what is your opinion on them and so I dont have to page through 800+ pages, can you show me what they look like on the chassis?

Shweet graphics there Josh. If it works well for you I might have to hit you up for a future idea I have. Im sure Freq could hook me up.
By the way, hook some gun metal gray ghosted harleys under the orange ones.

Ohh an Neal said he sent ya some stuff ??
brake pedal and shifter graphics?

Anywyas, I got a question for ya.
Im on Vanquish's site looking at the axle truss's are you gonna run them at the least in the front?

either way what is your opinion on them and so I dont have to page through 800+ pages, can you show me what they look like on the chassis?

I'm down working on it now do here is a couple quick shots.

628b8650.jpg

7b00e107.jpg

cool, cool. thanks again. Vanquish is getting $250.00 from me right now.
Steve was supposed to send me a the panhard mount, but I cant wait.
so ya gonna run this at the NWSC???

I'm down working on it now do here is a couple quick shots.

Now Vanquish cant say you dont do your work. HOLLA!"thumbsup"
Thanks again Josh. Now back to you!

Wraith Panhard KIT vps03250 1 28.99
Wraith Axle Truss vps04312 1 38.50 Color = Silver
Wraith Axle vps04302 2 69.99 Color = Silver
Vanquish Incision SCX-10 vps01855 1 24.99 Color = Black(+$3.00)
/ Honcho Shock Hoops Option = Front 2pcs.
Vanquish Incision SCX-10 vps01856 1 24.99 Color = Black(+$3.00)
/ Honcho Shock Hoops Option = Rear 2pcs.

Subtotal 257.45
Shipping 8.05
Tax 0.00
Total 265.50

Transmission is all back together and feeling smooth. I can't even explain how bad it felt before. It had to be robbing a large amount of power from me.

I also took the opportunity to clean and lubricate the driveshaft CV's. I finally put in some Traxxas pins at the trans side as well. Before I was only running two set screws.

c2a966d1.jpg

Now Vanquish cant say you dont do your work. HOLLA!"thumbsup"
Thanks again Josh. Now back to you!

Wraith Panhard KIT vps03250 1 28.99
Wraith Axle Truss vps04312 1 38.50 Color = Silver
Wraith Axle vps04302 2 69.99 Color = Silver
Vanquish Incision SCX-10 vps01855 1 24.99 Color = Black(+$3.00)
/ Honcho Shock Hoops Option = Front 2pcs.
Vanquish Incision SCX-10 vps01856 1 24.99 Color = Black(+$3.00)
/ Honcho Shock Hoops Option = Rear 2pcs.

Subtotal 257.45
Shipping 8.05
Tax 0.00
Total 265.50

It always hurts hitting the send button and then having to wait for the parts! I sent Holmes a huge chunk on Tuesday, I'm dying to get it all!

I think I'm about ready to choose seats now for this. We'll have to talk soon.

No full metal tranny and gears for you hey?

Gears are all metal but no metal case yet. The extended rear section of the trans meander you can't use a standard metal trans case. I'll have a solution down the road awhile. I might look into that heavy duty top shaft and slipper mod though.

What do you think caused a majority of the damage? Water or to much power? If you're smoking bearings it would be good knowledge to all of us Wraith owners as to why it happened, or a good way to help prevent failure. It's looking awesome, if you ever make your way up to the Hobbytown in Omaha bring it with you so I can drool over it in person.

What do you think caused a majority of the damage? Water or to much power? If you're smoking bearings it would be good knowledge to all of us Wraith owners as to why it happened, or a good way to help prevent failure. It's looking awesome, if you ever make your way up to the Hobbytown in Omaha bring it with you so I can drool over it in person.

Cheap stock bearings along with water and lack of maintenance. I really needed to regrease the trans, it was pretty dry on the grease front. I hope to make Omaha this weekend, we'll see.

hey harley, was wondering wat size hubs u running on ur wraith with those VP SSZ-11 Black 2.2 i was gonna get them just wasnt sure on hub size. thanks again

350's work great but you need to shave just a hair off the end of the axle shaft. Not hard for anyone with basic mechanical skills. 475's bolt right up without any mods. I've ran them as well and they are good for a little more high speed stability.

Back