• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

VEry popular indeed!! I che RCC twice daily hoping you have updates. Looks like to me the front end is tucked back slightly for a more scalelike appearance. Is hood area also shorter?
Chassis is awesome. My cousin that lives in K.C. is a welding foreman so I'm sure he would drool over Jerry's work.

The hood is just BARELY shorter. It slopes down though which changes the appearance of the length.

Re: Harley's Wraith - New DMG Chassis Pics

Looks great Josh. Looks very well thought out."thumbsup"

BTW, Not to hijack your thread,

I was contacted by "gm0688" regarding the axle situation among many of the vendors that make them or will be making them.

I just want to take a moment to clarify some things to those who love this Wraith and want to purchase the Axle shafts for the vendors or have some made.

Some vendors make their own products and some hire machinist's to do it for them.
Those of us that hire are at the mercy of the machinist. We will hire the cheapest and most dependable machinist to do the work for us so we can turn a profit. Even a full on Machine shop will not make certain things because of a flooded market plan which no one wants to sit on product that will not sell.

Wraith rear axle shafts

*Axial Rear axle shafts, To my knowledge has no problem with them, They are just narrow through out the whole shaft instead of having a thicker portion before and after the link mount position.

*RC4WD, as far as I know does not sell the rear shafts for the Wraith.

*The "Seld M Bend" brand of Wraith rear axle shafts are His product. He makes them They are made of steel. He is just waiting to put them in production.

*SDS Customz Super 300's Rear axle shafts. Made of 300 Chrome Moly. This product is they are near bullet proof, so therefore will be pricey|! As well as (SDS is not the Machinist) and in order to keep the price as low as it is, He is between a rock and a hard place waiting for the Machinist to produce them. The Good news is they are as I said nearly indestructible, so therefore, chances are you'll never have to replace them.

Now on to the Front axle shafts.

*Axial shafts are excellent, they are at this time just hard to come by. simply because the Christmas season, sales on kits have been great, and parts went out the door.

*Seld M bend does not nor will he make rear axle shafts because the machine time involved to make the knuckle is way too much money for a small guy like him who send's his Cad stuff to be made for him.

*RC4WD, I'll be honest and its no disrespect to RC4WD, But for crawling there Wraith XVD's do the job. When it comes to high torque the metal they used was not a very good choice. Now I heard that they will be making a higher grade all purpose shaft in the future, I just do not know when that will be and they have not said.

* Super 300's. Again in my book, The best money can buy. just no word on when they will be released as well as SDS being at the mercy of the machinist.

Bottom line is, your probably one of the thousands that walked into the Wraith storm and Harley has done a terrific job promoting this outstanding platform's. But most of you will have to wait to buy what you need to get by and pick up the upgrades when made available.

Looks great Josh. Looks very well thought out."thumbsup"

BTW, Not to hijack your thread,

I was contacted by "gm0688" regarding the axle situation among many of the vendors that make them or will be making them.

I just want to take a moment to clarify some things to those who love this Wraith and want to purchase the Axle shafts for the vendors or have some made.

Some vendors make their own products and some hire machinist's to do it for them.
Those of us that hire are at the mercy of the machinist. We will hire the cheapest and most dependable machinist to do the work for us so we can turn a profit. Even a full on Machine shop will not make certain things because of a flooded market plan which no one wants to sit on product that will not sell.

Wraith rear axle shafts

*Axial Rear axle shafts, To my knowledge has no problem with them, They are just narrow through out the whole shaft instead of having a thicker portion before and after the link mount position.

*RC4WD, as far as I know does not sell the rear shafts for the Wraith.

*The "Seld M Bend" brand of Wraith rear axle shafts are His product. He makes them They are made of steel. He is just waiting to put them in production.

*SDS Customz Super 300's Rear axle shafts. Made of 300 Chrome Moly. This product is they are near bullet proof, so therefore will be pricey|! As well as (SDS is not the Machinist) and in order to keep the price as low as it is, He is between a rock and a hard place waiting for the Machinist to produce them. The Good news is they are as I said nearly indestructible, so therefore, chances are you'll never have to replace them.

Now on to the Front axle shafts.

*Axial shafts are excellent, they are at this time just hard to come by. simply because the Christmas season, sales on kits have been great, and parts went out the door.

*Seld M bend does not nor will he make rear axle shafts because the machine time involved to make the knuckle is way too much money for a small guy like him who send's his Cad stuff to be made for him.

*RC4WD, I'll be honest and its no disrespect to RC4WD, But for crawling there Wraith XVD's do the job. When it comes to high torque the metal they used was not a very good choice. Now I heard that they will be making a higher grade all purpose shaft in the future, I just do not know when that will be and they have not said.

* Super 300's. Again in my book, The best money can buy. just no word on when they will be released as well as SDS being at the mercy of the machinist.

Bottom line is, your probably one of the thousands that walked into the Wraith storm and Harley has done a terrific job promoting this outstanding platform's. But most of you will have to wait to buy what you need to get by and pick up the upgrades when made available.

Didn't mean to step on anyones toes. He sounded like a guy that could get some made for Seld-m-bend. So they wouldn't have to get sent from Australia.

Holy fawk it must of rained up in here.....

You sure about all that

Attachments

• rainbow-brite-rainbow-brite-263363_800_600.gif
    rainbow-brite-rainbow-brite-263363_800_600.gif
    10.4 KB · Views: 1,353

Holy fawk it must of rained up in here.....

You sure about all that
:mrgreen:
Well as Harley can attest to. I tend to get a little lengthy with my posts. So I made it colorful to keep peoples attention. ;-)

I posted that info just to inform others know who might have the same question's as gm0688 since Harley's thread is one of the more informative steps to building a wraith.

Harley !!
we be able to install the interior thur the side of the chassis with the dash removed.
no problem "thumbsup"

Narrowing the VP Housings

This morning I headed out early and hit the machine shop :ror:

bc28085e.jpg

Here was the start

00ad229f.jpg

Gotta start somewhere.... this hurt!

e270b9aa.jpg

All the housing work is done.

0615c481.jpg

Next up was to make sleeves to reassemble the housing.

6f4c7db2.jpg

These two tubes are 1.5" long. We made 4 of them, two are for me to mock up the axles and be able to disassemble them and the other two are made for a press fit once the axles are anodized. Since these are steel you can't put them in and then anodize them. I didn't take a picture but these are also notched for the link bolts to go through.

a6b0d54f.jpg

Wow! You have made an OCP an OCP - On Center Pumpkin 8)

This is a great idea. I wish Vanquish would make some similar, for the scaler masses.

Wow! You have made an OCP an OCP - On Center Pumpkin 8)

This is a great idea. I wish Vanquish would make some similar, for the scaler masses.

I don't really see it being a production piece. There are many issues that the typical Wraith crowd just won't be up for. The Wraith crowd in general isn't as much of a DIY crowd as the typical 1.9 and 2.2 scale guys. This changes the width of the link mounts and overall width. I could see RC4WD doing it but then we're back to axle shaft issues.

nice harley,you can hardly tell its been butchered. apart from the red but...nice work:)

that is some badass machine work!! great job!!! I know that place you went to. I used to drive tractor trailers and i had i delivery in there. that place is cool!!!

Back