• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

I wonder if Axial will ever re-design the axle housings and shock mounts with a wider bolt pattern to eliminate the need for a step-down allowing BEEFIER axles?

I HIGHLY doubt it. The current design works well for most people. Why spend money on a new mold then? It MIGHT be something that VP or RC4WD would do but it would also mean new link mounts which aren't a huge deal.

Re: Harley's Wraith - New DMG Chassis Pics

Another chassis to die for from the DMG! Jerry is a true artist. "thumbsup"

IMO, this is what the Wraiths need, some personality and individuality! Can't wait to see it finished.

I HIGHLY doubt it. The current design works well for most people. Why spend money on a new mold then? It MIGHT be something that VP or RC4WD would do but it would also mean new link mounts which aren't a huge deal.

You are probably right. But they say that a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link ;-)

Attachments

• Axle shafts.jpg
    Axle shafts.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 1,213

There is a bigger issue there. If the entire shaft was that SMALLER diameter they would actually hold up better.

I believe that the stock shafts, both the dogbone and ones with U-joints are of the "smaller" diameter. I am not here to argue, but rather to ask questions and to learn :mrgreen:

The reason for my comment is you are a recognized authority on the Wraith and I have been reading your thread and looking at all of the links that you have provided "thumbsup" for the parts that you will be using. The picture that I put up was from one of those links. I figured there must be a good reason for you to upgrade the axles.

Yeah I just don't see a huge need for beefier axles. There is a small amount of people that could use them though.

I think for those people they just needs shafts in a higher quality material. Beefier stubs would help. I think we'll see that sooner then later.

The weather was SO nice today I loaded up my Wraith onto my scooter and rode the 3+ miles over to a local spot that is known as Sheep Hills by the BMX and vert crowd. There are lots of runs, berms and what seemed like hundreds of well maintained jumps, some of them taller than I am and nearly 90 degrees. It is used by many of the same Pro guys we see at the X-Games and comps like the Dew Tour.

Unfortunatly I lost a pin on the rear MIP drivshaft shortly after I got there so I only had front wheel drive and did not want to brake anything else so I did not play much. I will be ordering a set of those Traxxas drive shaft pins now ;-) that are linked in your first post.

This place would be PERFECT for an Axial EXO :twisted:

On closer inspection it looks like I will be needing a re-build kit, I lost the pin and the barel and set screw that holds the pin in place.

At Sheep Hills - YouTube

Attachments

• IMG_2025.JPG
    IMG_2025.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 1,945
  • IMG_2027.JPG
    IMG_2027.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,964
  • IMG_2028.JPG
    IMG_2028.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,707
  • mip-part-1147 (1).jpg
    mip-part-1147 (1).jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 1,636
Last edited:

Hey thanks for all the kind words guys, I appreciate all of the feedback. Not trying to hijack Harleys thread, just wanted to say thanks to Harley for sharing it with you and for all the kind comments from you guys :)

You do GREAT work.

I believe that the stock shafts, both the dogbone and ones with U-joints are of the "smaller" diameter. I am not here to argue, but rather to ask questions and to learn :mrgreen:

The reason for my comment is you are a recognized authority on the Wraith and I have been reading your thread and looking at all of the links that you have provided "thumbsup" for the parts that you will be using. The picture that I put up was from one of those links. I figured there must be a good reason for you to upgrade the axles.

I am sno one is arguing. I am assuming making it bigger makes it Bend a Sedom amount of time. LOL:lmao::lmao:

Happy Friday!

Jerry got the lower half of the rear end on. The C pillar will come after everything is sorted out.

0461ab65.jpg

We also decided to add just a bit of a V to the rear bars to add just a hair more clearance for the spare tire.

57d47e6b.jpg

Also a battery tray has been added up front.

0366ef29.jpg

that looks so nice, herley. man your lucky. are they 2.2's. and it just hit me, this is like the longest thread on here. what a milestone. LOL:):):)

that looks so nice, herley. man your lucky. are they 2.2's. and it just hit me, this is like the longest thread on here. what a milestone. LOL:):):)

The wheels and tires are stock RTR stuff that we are using for mock-up. The chassis is similar in size to the stock chassis to help keep the scale proportions.

Oh and this is the 2nd longest thread in here, I just checked. The longest is the one talking about the release of the truck.

The wheels and tires are stock RTR stuff that we are using for mock-up. The chassis is similar in size to the stock chassis to help keep the scale proportions.

Oh and this is the 2nd longest thread in here, I just checked. The longest is the one talking about the release of the truck.

VEry popular indeed!! I che RCC twice daily hoping you have updates. Looks like to me the front end is tucked back slightly for a more scalelike appearance. Is hood area also shorter?
Chassis is awesome. My cousin that lives in K.C. is a welding foreman so I'm sure he would drool over Jerry's work.

Back