• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Re: Harley's Wraith - New DMG Chassis Pics

Very nice"thumbsup". I like the servo mount. Have you started chopping up those purty axles yet?:twisted:

Absolutely NOT how he did it. In order to get proper backspacing and width you need to get wheels designed to be used that way. Those wheels were made by RC4WD.

I will check it out, Thanks.

I found an adapter on Ebay, not sure it it would work or not.

Outlaw Hobby Pulling Dually Adaptor F350 Highlift SCX10 | eBay

there's a version for rc4wd wheels as well.

What do you think, good or bad?..option?

Not quite yet, been pretty busy lately and haven't been able to get to the machine shop.

Well, if you'd quit screwing around building your super pimp basement RC lair, you'd have time for that.:flipoff:

j/k man, I have serious workshop envy:cry:

Looks great Josh !! Can't wait to see the finish product "thumbsup"

Looking forward to seeing the rear axle finished up after you hack it up

Moar pics!!

Got an update from Jerry. I asked him to put a little more slant in the roof to better match the 1:1 I'm using as a guide. So he reworked it and I like the out come much more now.

Note: don't let the little tires and wider offset wheels fool you on the size.

0e97f970.jpg

As you can also see he has got the major structural work done up front now as well. The integrated servo mount is done and looks to work great.

3f36181c.jpg

Full droop

65027ef1.jpg

Full bump

ee8734a1.jpg

Harley that is going to look sick. And "thumbsup""thumbsup" to DMG for his work and detail that he's putting into that rig. Can he also be contacted to get something made or is this a favor. Again bad A$$.

Harley that is going to look sick. And "thumbsup""thumbsup" to DMG for his work and detail that he's putting into that rig. Can he also be contacted to get something made or is this a favor. Again bad A$$.

Doing custom chassis stuff is what he does, this isn't a favor, he's just who I always turn to for this type of work.

Doing custom chassis stuff is what he does, this isn't a favor, he's just who I always turn to for this type of work.

Awesome!!! . I'm actually building me a back yard scaler course sense we have no mountains or even good trails down here in Miami aleast. I will PM DMG to see what I can come up with when I'm close to finishing that crawler course. And just like you said before I guess I'm still not done tinkering with this wraith cause it's addicting.:ror:

Great video, great footage, great editing, and nice to see Jerry show off that bad ass truck.
I really really enjoyed seeing you all just having fun.
And that music was Fawking awesome.

Hey thanks for all the kind words guys, I appreciate all of the feedback. Not trying to hijack Harleys thread, just wanted to say thanks to Harley for sharing it with you and for all the kind comments from you guys :)

I did not read through all 71 pages of this thread. Are you still using the Proline Powerstroke Slash front shocks (front and rear) on this build?

Just got home from the Death Metal Garage :twisted:

Minimalist front bumper is on. Just like I showed him I wanted it built.

47d0c9f3.jpg

Battery will tuck up front nicely. Gives me just enough room for the ESC and BEC I hope! :shock:

77b79a90.jpg

Now this is the part that is a HUGE pain in the ass. Jerry and I sat around and scratched our heads for awhile while looking at it.

f34cc136.jpg

I am making him wedge this HUGE 4" speaker in the back of this rig! :ror:

21001d5f.jpg

The speaker will actually sit higher then it's shown there. The servo will sit up against the speaker like shown though. It will all be hidden though... inside a hollowed out spare tire and wheel.

8c7314d0.jpg

Just got home from the Death Metal Garage :twisted:

Minimalist front bumper is on. Just like I showed him I wanted it built.

47d0c9f3.jpg

Battery will tuck up front nicely. Gives me just enough room for the ESC and BEC I hope! :shock:

77b79a90.jpg

What kind of runtime do you get with that 2200 lipo?

Back