• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Re: Harley's Wraith - New DMG Chassis Pics

Not to derail this thread.....
COMPLETELY 100% AGREE.
Sometimes I wish RC4WD would ready threads like this or their own threads even.
I love the fact that Mike and the gang make some great realistic products. But they honestly do fall short with anything gearing or shaft wise.
I gotta Killer T case with some not so Killer gears.
So to say the least, little worried.

Anyways, looks like a great start Josh, figured you would try your idea to the plastic product first. But seems like you have a plan.
so are you gonna sleeve the other end so the part you add will just joint together?
And now that your centering the pumpkin, what will you do for a truss?

Since we are talkin about RC4WD I waited for AXIAL to release there CVD's so I can't comment on theirs. As ffor their drive-shafts. I called to ask about theirs. I went with MAXX shafts.

Yes, we have changed the design significantly too. Just need find the right material. We wont be releasing it until we are sure it will hold up too big power.

As for gears, we use the same material as the XR10 gears we make on all new products. There will be a new Wraith upgrade from us in the new year. ;-)

What would be nice to see is for RC4WD to do iws make some "Seldom-Bend" rear axles. Don't mind waiting. That product is in hi demand. Are you CVD's of the same thickness?

What would be nice to see is for RC4WD to do iws make some "Seldom-Bend" rear axles. Don't mind waiting. That product is in hi demand. Are you CVD's of the same thickness?

The reason why nobody has made thicker Wraith front & rear shafts is that they would always have to step down to the stock diameter where the screws that hold the link mounts are for them to spin freely. So you would always end up with a weak spot.

Is there another thread we can move all the CVD/shaft chat to so we dont keep talking about it in Harley's build thread...

Here is a video you guys need to check out. It's a long one but lots of good Wraith action in there. 8)

KCRC Adventure Series Vol 1 - YouTube

Thanks for sharing the awesome video. It looks like a great place to play with terrain and terrane for both rock racing and some good crawling. And the detail on that big tow truck was VERY impressive "thumbsup"

Thanks for sharing the awesome video. It looks like a great place to play with terrain and terrane for both rock racing and some good crawling. And the detail on that big tow truck was VERY impressive "thumbsup"

Aaron did a great job on the video, but video doesn't do the 6x6 justice still! That thing is a beast. R2 trans with addition 4:1 reduction for the boom winch. That thing has POWER!

Man, that's a great video"thumbsup". Nice collection of rigs too. Dreadnought really is bad ass:shock:. The level of detail is amazing.

Awesome video. I watched some, ate a sandwich, watched a little more, then washed my truck. I finally finished it a little past midnight:lmao: Seriously, It felt like we were there. Not to mention, most of the time we bitch because someone posts a six second vid. I liked the interview with Jerry. You should highlight a rig and grill the owner for ensuing vids. Nice work Aaron and the rest of yous!"thumbsup"

Great video, great footage, great editing, and nice to see Jerry show off that bad ass truck.
I really really enjoyed seeing you all just having fun.
And that music was Fawking awesome.

Hi Harley, I have a few questions again if you don't mind, i already ordered HH torqmaster esc and 13t crawlmaster motor. HH emaild me that they run out of stock of TM ESC but already send the CM motor, so i replied to wait for the TM ESC.
My questions Are:
1. I have here novak rooster crawler ESC, can i pair it with axial 27t motor? for me to play until HH ESC arrives

2. If CM motor will arrived first, is it also compatible with the rooster ESC?

3. Can i run 3s on rooster ESC with axial 27t motor? and with HH CM motor?

Thank you

The DMG Is my new favorite rig I have seen so far. How did he make the rear wheels dually? I love that truck!

dually is simple, put a bolt through the rims, you usually have to bore then out though and hey-presto, you got a dually.

Hi Harley, I have a few questions again if you don't mind, i already ordered HH torqmaster esc and 13t crawlmaster motor. HH emaild me that they run out of stock of TM ESC but already send the CM motor, so i replied to wait for the TM ESC.
My questions Are:
1. I have here novak rooster crawler ESC, can i pair it with axial 27t motor? for me to play until HH ESC arrives

2. If CM motor will arrived first, is it also compatible with the rooster ESC?

3. Can i run 3s on rooster ESC with axial 27t motor? and with HH CM motor?

Thank you

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No, I believe the rooster is 2s only.

Moar pics!!

Got an update from Jerry. I asked him to put a little more slant in the roof to better match the 1:1 I'm using as a guide. So he reworked it and I like the out come much more now.

Note: don't let the little tires and wider offset wheels fool you on the size.

0e97f970.jpg

As you can also see he has got the major structural work done up front now as well. The integrated servo mount is done and looks to work great.

3f36181c.jpg

Full droop

65027ef1.jpg

Full bump

ee8734a1.jpg

Back