• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Re: Harley's Wraith - New DMG Chassis Pics

The chassis is looking sick! I didn't like the idea at first, but seeing it come together is changing my mind! I can't wait to see how the sound unit performs. With a 38 inch scale woofer, that thing should thump!!!:lmao: Getting the right motor sounds is going to be tricky though. I'm sure you'll nail it eventually. Keep rockin!

Last edited:

damn man i missed alot while i was away. the chassis is looking SIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dig the towel thing it is resting on, everything of your seems to be customised. lol. but seriously, awesome rig, oh and yer, the speaker idea is sic, it reminds me of another build on here. nicework:):):)

Looking good guys....I have to ask though, why such a big speaker?

Did I ever show you those small speakers that are going into DLR?

1.25" diameter and sound surprising good.

Looking good guys....I have to ask though, why such a big speaker?

Did I ever show you those small speakers that are going into DLR?

1.25" diameter and sound surprising good.

Since its for exhaust sound they say the larger the diameter the better for sound quality. At this point I needed a speaker to put in. This is as big as will ever go in (both diameter and magnet size). Best to start there I figure.

Your chassis looks very KOH. DMG does such exquisite work. Is this going to be a propane rig? Keep up the great work and updates are great. What motor combo are you putting in this as well? HH 2012 crawl master pro 13t?

Your chassis looks very KOH. DMG does such exquisite work. Is this going to be a propane rig? Keep up the great work and updates are great. What motor combo are you putting in this as well? HH 2012 crawl master pro 13t?

The chassis is modeled after the Jimmy's 4x4 line. Taking design traits from several of their offerings. One of thier chassis's won KOH in 2010, driven by Lauren Healy (not sure on the spelling of his name).

Since I am going to 4S I will actually be going to something like a 16-20t Crawlmaster. I need to work out the details with Holmes and aee what he can get me. I don't really want any more speed, just more power.

I won't be making any provisions for a propane tank, we'll just say it's got a fuel cell buried in there.

well at-least you'll still be-able to hear it while on its top.

That's not really much of a concern. With the real weight of the speaker as low as it can go, the it won't be much different then a battery location and the weight won't be much different either. Adding a custom tube frame will likely be a more contributing factor.

Here is a video you guys need to check out. It's a long one but lots of good Wraith action in there. 8)

KCRC Adventure Series Vol 1 - YouTube

Great VIDEO!!! On something longer like this you guys oughta put "commercials" in of sponsors, local vendors, and local eateries and Hobby shops. It looks like some talented video guys there.

The reason why nobody has made thicker Wraith front & rear shafts is that they would always have to step down to the stock diameter where the screws that hold the link mounts are for them to spin freely. So you would always end up with a weak spot.

Is there another thread we can move all the CVD/shaft chat to so we dont keep talking about it in Harley's build thread...

You hafta look at Seld-m- Bends. No step down. Or not much.

You hafta look at Seld-m- Bends. No step down. Or not much.

He has never posted pictures of a wraith shaft. His will have the same issue, there is no magic solution for going through the bolts.

Just a little update on these. I have sought out a new machinist. So I hope to have some news on these soon.

On the point of the link mount. Without designing a new axle casing to cater for a bigger axle there will still have to be a narrow portion on the axle where the link mount is. But I will be making the shaft to the largest diametre as possible to still spin freely between the link mount bolts.

He has never posted pictures of a wraith shaft. His will have the same issue, there is no magic solution for going through the bolts.

Yup, he hasn't even released the wraith shafts as he is making them with the step downs.
I was working with him on that. "thumbsup"

Great VIDEO!!! On something longer like this you guys oughta put "commercials" in of sponsors, local vendors, and local eateries and Hobby shops. It looks like some talented video guys there.

It's a long one for sure. We had fun and I know we discussed more ideas. Such as more of the individual interviews like was done with Jerry's 6x6.

I wonder if Axial will ever re-design the axle housings and shock mounts with a wider bolt pattern to eliminate the need for a step-down allowing BEEFIER axles?

It's a long one for sure. We had fun and I know we discussed more ideas. Such as more of the individual interviews like was done with Jerry's 6x6.

I'm sure we will feature yours Harley when you finish it:) Id like to do one on Matt's Yota and Joe's Mog as well.

Back