• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Re: Harley's Wraith

center1.jpg

Are you centering the pumpkin both front and rear or just one? I'm working on centering up a rear axle for mine using some big 6mm ones

ok cool, but would it be easier to bore out the short side and make a new tube for it rather than ruin another $80 housing

ok cool, but would it be easier to bore out the short side and make a new tube for it rather than ruin another $80 housing

It would require me to cut off the splines, and reattach that to the new tube. The other much bigger problem is the location of the link mounts. Something would have to be fabricated in order to have the link mounts in the proper location. The amount of time that would take is easier to use another housing in my opinion.

This shows stuff lined up a little better. If anyone else were to attempt this make sure they are aware that these measurements are for using XR10 universals only. Straight axles will require a different length.

CenteredHousing2.jpg

Last edited:

so, there is no way to just modify the wraith axles in the rear
Meaning I have 2 sets.
Just use the 2 long shafts?

well I was going to modify the rear axle so the pumpkin is centered.

Then I was going to modify 2 of the long straight shafts to fit both sides

Front side, I changed the length of the cut tubes to keep the full link mount area.

CenteredHousing3.jpg

Harley that is going to come out sweet. Just like one of those beefed up 1.1 Genright or Currie Dana 60 Axles very scale like. "thumbsup"

Last edited:
Back