• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Here's my latest project for those of you who haven't seen the thread.

From this:
c13d3402.jpg

To this:
73ffc562.jpg

IN 6 DAYS!

Check out the thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/350643-harleys-workshop-build.html

damn man, SIX DAYS!!!! talk about comitment. nice... clean... like everybodies dream workshop. and i see you've kept wit hte orange, that s like your... signature colour now harley. NICE WORK. it beats my work area.... out of my bedroom. lol

Dear joelKID984 & Harley,

Thank You for The replies. :)

Would TraxxS Velineon Brushless system would be adequate for the Wraith if I'm looking for the speed? :ror:

Thanks,
Stanley

Dear joelKID984 & Harley,

Thank You for The replies. :)

Would TraxxS Velineon Brushless system would be adequate for the Wraith if I'm looking for the speed? :ror:

Thanks,
Stanley

If you just want speed and no crawling then yes. Go to the first page of my build. The third post has some videos of my truck with the Traxxas VXL in there.

Dear Harley,

One more question, what would be the recommended pinion size? Do I have to change the spur gear when I put VXL on the Wraith?

Thanks,
Stanley

Dear Harley,

One more question, what would be the recommended pinion size? Do I have to change the spur gear when I put VXL on the Wraith?

Thanks,
Stanley

You can run the stock setup, no matter what it's going to be fast. You are also going to tear up parts quickly so be aware of that. You need driveshafts and transmission gears right away. One piece lockers or open diffs need to follow shortly after that. The VXL is just ruthless on parts.

yer i remember reading your wraith build harley, and when you were running the VXL, like every 4 posts were pics of broken parts. lol

Try to deal with a freaking Canadian on a special piece for this truck.

Also talked to Holmes yesterday and I'll likely be moving to 4s and a new wind. Most likely I will be running a 20t Crawlmaster now. I need to bump up the voltage to work with the new Canadian piece.

More info on that later I hope. I've wanted to use it since the RubberBelly build...

Re: Harley's Wraith

I dug through that thread and couldn't figure it out :ror:. Spill the beans.. That's some RPM so your obviously going to reduce it.

Back