• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

SO, this tie rod keeps the axle centered so when the servo actuates it actually turns the tires instead of flexing the axle. This defeats the purpose of a chassis mounted servo.

I hate to be a party pooper but this is one of the most pointless products I've seen. No performance gain (in fact steering performance will be worse). Aesthetically unpleasing( the point of a chassis mounted servo is to make the truck look more scale and realistic). Now with this we have a clamp on the axle and an extra tie rod in the mix. The front axle is going to look like a jumbled mess of tie rods and aluminum parts. No thanks.

In order to Poop the Party, you would need to 1) Make Sense, 2) be worth listening to.

CMS is not a new concept, it may not be "better" than OTA steering, but it is in high demand in the scale world, it also makes for a very nicely functioning way to run a 3 link suspension. VP wouldn't have gotten involved in a CMS kit if it wasn't gonna work great and be something that sold well.

The concept is close. I just need a better mounting system. I think trying to hold a 500oz/in servo with four zip ties is going to end badly. We have looked at nice clamping type mounts.
Ive been running I think 7955's on 6v and believe it or not its held nicely. Daily practice for 0 plus days and two comps. That was actually a prototype run idea and I was going to beef it up but it held so good I left it. Still good today. I admit a manufactured upgrade would be cleaner but if a guy wants to save $25-$50 its fairly easy to do was my point.
Tougher than a clamping system meant for this ,no. Way more efficient on the budget when building a scaler,YES. Its actually pretty clean too. I bought the level3 kit for the front so it would be easy to install and clean. I dont dig it but it took alot of work trying to stuff somthing up front in this chassis.

hmm looks cool, how much are these going to be?

one question . . . . why the three link? why not four link with no panhard? the only reason you need a panhard is when using a 3 link setup so there is no axle walk. if you have a well triangulated 4-link you dont need a panhard anymore. . . . good job vp for taking a step backwards on the suspension evolution time line.

my honcho has a custom built cms running 4-link and no panhard and i have absolutely no axle walk

Well I tried the 4 link in the wraith and in my opinion the chassis wasnt stable enough. To much flex. Easy fix, DMG trusses and a lil motivation!

hmm looks cool, how much are these going to be?

one question . . . . why the three link? why not four link with no panhard? the only reason you need a panhard is when using a 3 link setup so there is no axle walk. if you have a well triangulated 4-link you dont need a panhard anymore. . . . good job vp for taking a step backwards on the suspension evolution time line.

my honcho has a custom built cms running 4-link and no panhard and i have absolutely no axle walk

Price will be announced next week.

A 3-link is the most efficient method. A 4-link will not handle the forces as well, as a matter of physics. Properly triangulated or not, it will not work as well.

Ive been running I think 7955's on 6v and believe it or not its held nicely. Daily practice for 0 plus days and two comps. That was actually a prototype run idea and I was going to beef it up but it held so good I left it. Still good today. I admit a manufactured upgrade would be cleaner but if a guy wants to save $25-$50 its fairly easy to do was my point.
Tougher than a clamping system meant for this ,no. Way more efficient on the budget when building a scaler,YES. Its actually pretty clean too. I bought the level3 kit for the front so it would be easy to install and clean. I dont dig it but it took alot of work trying to stuff somthing up front in this chassis.

Interesting. I like the mount configuration, it's one of two ways we have looked at doing it. When needing a panhard mount that is machined for a wider axle there are alway hurdles of course.

People are saying they are jealous of this and that........... IM saying im jealous of the whole damn thing! Gosh! everything you get is something that everyone would like to have. haha! course unless they already have it. But anyways! You're rig is the beastiest most modded one out there. You should calculate how much everything is and add it all up to see how much your rig would be. It would be interesting to see. Keep up the good work man! CANT WAIT FOR MORE!.................... (if there is any :razz:

I'm the fawking Bill Mays of crawling.

I always saw you more of a vince"thumbsup"

vince.jpg

People are saying they are jealous of this and that........... IM saying im jealous of the whole damn thing! Gosh! everything you get is something that everyone would like to have. haha! course unless they already have it. But anyways! You're rig is the beastiest most modded one out there. You should calculate how much everything is and add it all up to see how much your rig would be. It would be interesting to see. Keep up the good work man! CANT WAIT FOR MORE!.................... (if there is any :razz:

Harley does that with every rig he owns. He has complete spreadsheets. Man is it expensive!

Harley does that with every rig he owns. He has complete spreadsheets. Man is it expensive!

True story :lol: The numbers can get fairly ridiculous at times...

Last edited:
Looks GREAT Josh!!!

Can you please give me a quick measurement of the panhard axle mount? (top of axle to link mount).. :mrgreen:

Back