• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

That's sweet Harley, But just out of curiosity would you be willing to build another one that would fit the Wraith. I mean if you could sence you have all the right tool's to make it. I would definitely interested and be first in line to buy one. Also what type of servo did you use or would you use and would it work with my FUTABA 4PL. "thumbsup""thumbsup"

It is the GoPro HD 960. I did a crawler mounted SD version a couple years ago.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CpTDDqp67Js" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

I still have it in my RC cabinet @ home. ;-)

That's sweet Harley, But just out of curiosity would you be willing to build another one that would fit the Wraith. I mean if you could sence you have all the right tool's to make it. I would definitely interested and be first in line to buy one. Also what type of servo did you use or would you use and would it work with my FUTABA 4PL. "thumbsup""thumbsup"

The servo was a $10 Futaba servo and the 4PL would do the exact same things my 4PK did.

I'll look at doing another.

All the new equipment is wired up. I had to ditch the stock RX box and go to a project box from Radio Shack. This is something I'll have to waterproof myself but no biggy.

75da2698.jpg

Last edited:
The new rear servo is STUPID FAST. I noticed that the box they sent it in is not for this servo. It is for the model it's replacing. So I need to get its specs tomorrow.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qCGJwQ274mc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow! That servo is impressive. It may be the perfect candidate for my 2.2 scaler. I only need around 300oz's anyway because the old hitec 5955's have worked great for me.

The new rear servo is STUPID FAST. I noticed that the box they sent it in is not for this servo. It is for the model it's replacing. So I need to get its specs tomorrow.

Josh,

I'm not sure how accurate or up to date the info. in the RC Car Action link are, but it says .06 for speed and 306 oz-in on 2s. I'd like to see what it has at 6v 'cause it might be perfect for my Short Course truck! :mrgreen: MSRP of $230, though. Owie!

Futaba S9353HV High Voltage HT/HS Servo - RC Car Action

Anyway, I look forward to getting the specs from you. "thumbsup"

Josh,

I'm not sure how accurate or up to date the info. in the RC Car Action link are, but it says .06 for speed and 306 oz-in on 2s. I'd like to see what it has at 6v 'cause it might be perfect for my Short Course truck! :mrgreen: MSRP of $230, though. Owie!

Futaba S9353HV High Voltage HT/HS Servo - RC Car Action

Anyway, I look forward to getting the specs from you. "thumbsup"

That does jive with what they told me before. The updates must just be to the case and gears because the power and specs are the same as the S9352.

Harley, I'm getting ready to order the rear axle from RC4WD. When you set up your rear steering and you want to go sraight and fast, mabey do some jump's. Does the rear steering move on you or wobble or does it hold steady when your going fast and straight or doing sharp turn's. Cause I'm debating on 4ws or just keeping the rear axle straight. I will be doing alot of Rock Crawl, but I also want my kid to have control on it if he just want's to go fast and straight or do sharp turn's

Last edited:
Harley, I'm getting ready to order the rear axle from RC4WD. When you set up your rear steering and you want to go sraight and fast, mabey do some jump's. Does the rear steering move on you or wobble or does it hold steady when your going fast and straight or doing sharp turn's. Cause I'm debating on 4ws or just keeping the rear axle straight. I will be doing alot of Rock Crawl, but I also want my kid to have control on it if he just want's to go fast and straight or do sharp turn's

The servo you chose is important. You need a servo that is powerful enough to hold its position. The more power the better.

How does the servo that you have on your wraith Futaba S9157 hold, is the torque more than sufficient for what we use the truck for or would I need need something with more torque.

Back