• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Can we see a pic of the 3 link setup. Thanks

A few shots from under and around the 3-link. I used a rod end ball as a spacer in the upper link mount.

1ecc0c3f.jpg

e51e0679.jpg

051e30e4.jpg

So eliminating a whole link won't effect the truck. I figured it would be a 3 link kind of like the AX10 were you still used both links.

So eliminating a whole link won't effect the truck. I figured it would be a 3 link kind of like the AX10 were you still used both links.

That is a wishbone style 3-link. This system uses a panhard to keep the axle centered instead of triangulation from a 4-link. The panhard and drag link follow the same arc, this is why you don't get bump steer with a properly setup 3-link.

Price will be announced next week.

A 3-link is the most efficient method. A 4-link will not handle the forces as well, as a matter of physics. Properly triangulated or not, it will not work as well.

all im saying is it works on my honcho . . . maybe its just that the wraith has wider axles?

all im saying is it works on my honcho . . . maybe its just that the wraith has wider axles?

Not really, I have ran Honcho's and SCX's with both setups. With a 4 link it is not possible to have ZERO bump steer. The reason is that the axle does not move in an arc as it goes through it's up and down travel. A 4 link does not resist the movement like a panhard does. It may be mostly unnoticeable but a 3 link is pretty much the only way to easily make the issue got away.

That is a wishbone style 3-link. This system uses a panhard to keep the axle centered instead of triangulation from a 4-link. The panhard and drag link follow the same arc, this is why you don't get bump steer with a properly setup 3-link.

Oooh ok got it. Thank u sir "thumbsup"

A few shots from under and around the 3-link. I used a rod end ball as a spacer in the upper link mount.

1ecc0c3f.jpg

e51e0679.jpg

051e30e4.jpg

Interesting design. I am wondering why they didnt build something off of the lower link/shock mount so that the pivot ball is mounted the same as all the other joints. That would remove possible binding issues. That would also remove axle clearance issues you get when you put the collar on the axle. I am not saying its a bad design just saying there is room for improvement.

Interesting design. I am wondering why they didnt build something off of the lower link/shock mount so that the pivot ball is mounted the same as all the other joints. That would remove possible binding issues. That would also remove axle clearance issues you get when you put the collar on the axle. I am not saying its a bad design just saying there is room for improvement.

I have looked at a few different ways but I do believe this is likely the strongest. With seeing the weak point of these axle being through those lower link mounts I am think that may cause extra stress. It's hard to say really. This is nicely tied into the tube and link mount.

Overall once this clamp is black you likely won't really notice.

Harley is this by any chance the GoPro HD your talking about. Or is their a smaller size for the Helicopter, and or if you wanted to put it on one of the vehicle's to video record while you crawl

Harley is this by any chance the GoPro HD your talking about. Or is their a smaller size for the Helicopter, and or if you wanted to put it on one of the vehicle's to video record while you crawl

It is the GoPro HD 960. I did a crawler mounted SD version a couple years ago.

http://youtu.be/CpTDDqp67Js

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CpTDDqp67Js" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It is the GoPro HD 960. I did a crawler mounted SD version a couple years ago.

Harley's RubberBelly Racing Tracker - Part 4.1 - YouTube

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CpTDDqp67Js" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

how are you mounting your GoPro? with interior it fits in but not with any of the mounts. I guess to get a good fit you'd have to take out the interior?

how are you mounting your GoPro? with interior it fits in but not with any of the mounts. I guess to get a good fit you'd have to take out the interior?

Did you watch the video? It's not in a Wraith. That is a build I did a couple years ago. You would likely need to build a mount and remove the driver seat to fit the GoPro in the Wraith.

That's pretty sweet Harley "thumbsup". I don't know if I'm seeing thing's or not but watching the video do you have it mounted also with a servo or something casue I thought i was seeing it move as you drove your truck on different angle's.

Hey Harley

Doesn't that monster servo bend/flex the crap out of the plastic tubes the servo mt is mounted to?

That's pretty sweet Harley "thumbsup". I don't know if I'm seeing thing's or not but watching the video do you have it mounted also with a servo or something casue I thought i was seeing it move as you drove your truck on different angle's.

Yup 8) Watch this one.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_XiKyQ33jzg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back