• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

I'm the fawking Bill Mays of crawling.

If you're going to put yourself up there with the late great Billy Mays, you have to at least put an oxiclean logo on your body!:lmao: Can we expect a nice closeup video of it in action? Also, any notes on how much it affects the suspension travel/articulation (if any). My blah friday was just made better with your good friday!"thumbsup"

If you're going to put yourself up there with the late great Billy Mays, you have to at least put an oxiclean logo on your body!:lmao: Can we expect a nice closeup video of it in action? Also, any notes on how much it affects the suspension travel/articulation (if any). My blah friday was just made better with your good friday!"thumbsup"

I will get video and everything very soon. I have to go into work again today to try and make some deadlines. I'll be back on this soon to get all the info up.

From initial testing it didn't limit the suspension at all.

Which clamp style servo horns fit on the axle mounted servo? I guess the short robitronics one is too short?
My lhs cant get any robitronics ones so i was tring to find somthing else, seems the GH one is too long!

Which clamp style servo horns fit on the axle mounted servo? I guess the short robitronics one is too short?
My lhs cant get any robitronics ones so i was tring to find somthing else, seems the GH one is too long!

I run the 1" version which I think is the short version. I clearanced the back of the end of the horn just slightly so it doesn't touch the VP diff cover.

SO, this tie rod keeps the axle centered so when the servo actuates it actually turns the tires instead of flexing the axle. This defeats the purpose of a chassis mounted servo.

I hate to be a party pooper but this is one of the most pointless products I've seen. No performance gain (in fact steering performance will be worse). Aesthetically unpleasing( the point of a chassis mounted servo is to make the truck look more scale and realistic). Now with this we have a clamp on the axle and an extra tie rod in the mix. The front axle is going to look like a jumbled mess of tie rods and aluminum parts. No thanks.

SO, this tie rod keeps the axle centered so when the servo actuates it actually turns the tires instead of flexing the axle. This defeats the purpose of a chassis mounted servo.

Defeats the purpose?! What?! This is exactly what a chassis mounted servo setup is supposed to be. A black anodized mount on the axle will not look out of place. I don't think you really understand what you're talking about.

I hate to be a party pooper but this is one of the most pointless products I've seen. No performance gain (in fact steering performance will be worse). Aesthetically unpleasing( the point of a chassis mounted servo is to make the truck look more scale and realistic). Now with this we have a clamp on the axle and an extra tie rod in the mix. The front axle is going to look like a jumbled mess of tie rods and aluminum parts. No thanks.

If you look at scale builds or REAL builds you will see this is the same setup. There isn't "extra rods" at all.

It doesn't look much different than the pan hard bar mount on this actual 3 link..
0604dp_10_z+2005_fabtech_ford_f250+howe_steering.jpg

hmm looks cool, how much are these going to be?

one question . . . . why the three link? why not four link with no panhard? the only reason you need a panhard is when using a 3 link setup so there is no axle walk. if you have a well triangulated 4-link you dont need a panhard anymore. . . . good job vp for taking a step backwards on the suspension evolution time line.

my honcho has a custom built cms running 4-link and no panhard and i have absolutely no axle walk

Back