• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Great video!! Looks way fast with the stock 20t. But how is the crawl ability? would like to see what it can do on dirt or rocks going slow.

If sticking with the stock motor I would suggest a new pinnion and spur. It does pretty well as it is out of the box but it just doesn't have as much low end control since the gearing is aimed more at speed.

So, the AE-2 ESC will handle a 3Cell? Everything that I have seen is saying only up to 2Cell. That is great to hear. Had a sidewinder waiting for it anyway if needed.

I asked for a new set of golf clubs for fathers day!!!

Now I have to tell my wife Ive changed my mind!!!:ror:

Looks good Harley!
I knew it would be orange within a week!"thumbsup"

I asked for a new set of golf clubs for fathers day!!!

Now I have to tell my wife Ive changed my mind!!!:ror:

Looks good Harley!
I knew it would be orange within a week!"thumbsup"

Yeah, swing the old sticks, this is way more fun! Although I wouldn't mind bring this thing with me next time I play around. Some serious sand trap fun :ror:

The VXL has tons of power and the Ripsaws hook a little too well evidently. Something in the transmission has let go on me, not sure what gear it is but it isn't good :ror:

I see you already ordered the Robinson gears, but I'd guess you stripped out the idler gear. I'm going to guess with the upgraded tranny and driveshaft, next thing you'll strip out are the axle r&p gears or spin the locker. Better hope some Super 300's are being planned for these axles :ror:

Looking good so far. I'm quite impressed with how much abuse the stock esc will take. I guess that's Castle for you though ;-)

I see you already ordered the Robinson gears, but I'd guess you stripped out the idler gear. I'm going to guess with the upgraded tranny and driveshaft, next thing you'll strip out are the axle r&p gears or spin the locker. Better hope some Super 300's are being planned for these axles :ror:

Looking good so far. I'm quite impressed with how much abuse the stock esc will take. I guess that's Castle for you though ;-)

I am also guessing the R&P will be next. I think I may go underdrive on the rear and HD standard ratio up front. I have a couple of the old Stage3 Racing solid lockers at home that I have never ran.

I am looking forward to the Axial CV shafts. They are amazing in the XR and I look forward to putting them in this.

I am looking forward to the Axial CV shafts. They are amazing in the XR and I look forward to putting them in this.

Do you think they'll take the abuse of a heavy, fast scaler (i.e., 10 pound rigs on 1/8 brushless)? Since these axles will be used almost exclusively for Class 3 builds, and that's the current trend, I hope Axial is prepared for that. Not a knock at Axial in any way, just the Super 300s are proven in these types of trucks.

What's the steering throw like with them?

Do you think they'll take the abuse of a heavy, fast scaler (i.e., 10 pound rigs on 1/8 brushless)? Since these axles will be used almost exclusively for Class 3 builds, and that's the current trend, I hope Axial is prepared for that. Not a knock at Axial in any way, just the Super 300s are proven in these types of trucks.

What's the steering throw like with them?

I think they will hold up to most of the abuse. The universals are basically the same as what is in 1/8th scale trucks. I am guessing there will still be breakage but for the cost I don't see many people being upset.

The steering is phenomenal on them. I bet I am approaching 50 degrees on my XR with VP knuckles.

Hook a brotha up with some link lengths!"thumbsup"

I just did another batch, my new scaler needed some ti as well!:mrgreen:

Does the antenna exit through a hole in the body? It looks like it does. If so, was the hole already there? I wasn't planning on having the antenna sticking up on mine and was hoping that the hole wasn't there from the factory.

Your review has helped me a lot. But, the more I read about the Wraith, the more I think I will get something else. I'm getting confused. First I saw the Wraith and wanted it, then the Gmade R1 caught my eye. Now that I have been waiting for the Wraith to come out so i could decide between the two, I have pretty much ruled out the R1 and have started reading up on the SCX10. So now it is Wraith or SCX10. I don't really like the looks of the AX10 or XR10, but I like the performance of them. Maybe SCX10 with Wraith axles. That might be the ticket.

Does the antenna exit through a hole in the body? It looks like it does. If so, was the hole already there? I wasn't planning on having the antenna sticking up on mine and was hoping that the hole wasn't there from the factory.

Your review has helped me a lot. But, the more I read about the Wraith, the more I think I will get something else. I'm getting confused. First I saw the Wraith and wanted it, then the Gmade R1 caught my eye. Now that I have been waiting for the Wraith to come out so i could decide between the two, I have pretty much ruled out the R1 and have started reading up on the SCX10. So now it is Wraith or SCX10. I don't really like the looks of the AX10 or XR10, but I like the performance of them. Maybe SCX10 with Wraith axles. That might be the ticket.

The hole is in the hood. Mine will be covered by a skin pretty soon though.

If you want a better performing truck than the Wraith would be a clear choice over the SCX10. I own them both and the Wraith will far out crawl the SCX. Its just a matter of tire size and wheelbase. If later you want to go to a SCX style chassis you could always swap stuff over although it likely wouldn't be a bolt on affair.

The R1 is kinda cool but doesn't really offer much as far as aftermarket goes. The Axial is much better designed IMO.

Just placed an order with Vanquish Products this afternoon.

On it's way to me are the following parts:

Black Knuckles
Black C-hubs
Black 2.2 SSZ-11 Wheels
335 hubs and 450 hubs.

Not sure what width hubs I will go with yet but I'll do some experimenting when it all arrives. Also when the knuckles come in we are going to have to see what I can work with on the linkages and steering arms.

8)

Definitely get me a lower length and email me a good pic of the lowers, so I can work out the bends.

Also get me the steering link length as well!"thumbsup"

Back