• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

The LHS got in two VXL systems today, I was pretty happy :twisted:

TRA3370-2T.jpg

The install was fairly painless, only problem was that motor shaft was too long. I cut it down and everything else pretty much fell into place. The only thing you need to note is where the motor wires are. You need to rotate the motor so that the wires are as close to the output as possible.

072b2ba4.jpg

This was the beginning of the end...

So a combination of a MaxAmps 5250 3s Lipo and the Traxxas VXL system ended the trucks run quite early today.

First victim was a knuckle. This was my fault :oops: There was still some water in the tires from yesterday and the rig landed on its roof. I "squeezed" the throttle trying to correct the rollover and ended up snapping the knuckle off.

e25d1355.jpg

Luckily I had my spare parts from my XR10 build and threw a stock plastic knuckle back on.

More bad news followed.

The VXL has tons of power and the Ripsaws hook a little too well evidently. Something in the transmission has let go on me, not sure what gear it is but it isn't good :ror:

Also, I noticed that I have put a very considerable twist into the driveshaft. This picture shows both the Cause and Effect :roll:

4033e82d.jpg

Luckily I had my spare parts from my XR10 build and threw a stock plastic knuckle back on.

More bad news followed.

The VXL has tons of power and the Ripsaws hook a little too well evidently. Something in the transmission has let go on me, not sure what gear it is but it isn't good :ror:

Also, I noticed that I have put a very considerable twist into the driveshaft. This picture shows both the Cause and Effect :roll:

4033e82d.jpg
. Are you trying to be the first person to kill the wraith haha:lmao:

I forgot to show where I had to relocate the ESC. It wouldn't fit in the stock location so I moved it to the rear. This also helped me get rid of that funky power wire going right through that awesome interior! There is a ton of clearance in this area for the dig servo Axial plans on.

b143a72e.jpg

You can just barely see it peaking in the corner. The wires need to be zip tied up a little better still.

fdaa3f6f.jpg

Throwing stupid power at this thing is going to cause these issues. If you run it basically like it is I bet it would be good to go. I just like to build up trucks, not breaking it would be no fun for me.

I don't know that I would call a VXL motor stupid power, but I guess it's relative to the stock equipment.

Back