• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Both stock driveshafts finally ate it. I was impressed at what they took for abuse. I shot some video and believe I got a shot of the front one breaking if it wasn't too dark.

These shafts are damn smooth though. It would be nice to have some metal shafts to go with the nice CVD joints.

a5fc883f.jpg

7ac269e3.jpg

0e329c82.jpg

e098c7c4.jpg

Well, I'll go ahead and say you do drive your cars hard... That is one we haven't seen before...

It is more than likely the 3s combined with wedging the tires into a crack, something will eventually give... But, how do they compare to the old driveshaft style? You could loosen your slipper a little and that would prevent any breakage... Although, I know that's not your style... :)

Well, I'll go ahead and say you do drive your cars hard... That is one we haven't seen before...

It is more than likely the 3s combined with wedging the tires into a crack, something will eventually give... But, how do they compare to the old driveshaft style? You could loosen your slipper a little and that would prevent any breakage... Although, I know that's not your style... :)

The breakage was caused by the shock load from landing hard while on the throttle.

I am a huge fan of these driveshafts! So SMOOTH and work at a really high angle (if that was ever an issue). I bet they would hold up well to most reasonable power applications.

Is it necessary to stay on throttle while jumping in order to make it fly level? Is that due to the drag brake? Do you think that the shafts would stand up to the normal crawling stresses?

Is it necessary to stay on throttle while jumping in order to make it fly level? Is that due to the drag brake? Do you think that the shafts would stand up to the normal crawling stresses?

If you blip the throttle right before take off it preloads the suspension and flys level. If you are full speed then you need to stay in it though.

The shafts will definitely hold up to normal crawling. They are way better than the plastic shafts we are used to IMO.

awesome!

i got a mini losi pro to see if i like the crawling side of this....but seeing the video.....yes the wraith is the truck i want....just need a better body

Just thinking, with the MIP driveshafts having 4mm set screws, and the Wraith outputs having 3mm through holes for the crosspin design, what are your plans? Just screw in the set screw until it binds up against the output hole, or drill out the output hole for a crosspin type screw?

I will not be drilling out the output, I think that is a bad idea. I may however turn down a long 4mm set screw on the lathe to keep the cross pin style as I am a HUGE fan of that design. Wish the upgraded pinion gears were drilled for that as well.

I will not be drilling out the output, I think that is a bad idea. I may however turn down a long 4mm set screw on the lathe to keep the cross pin style as I am a HUGE fan of that design. Wish the upgraded pinion gears were drilled for that as well.

You've got patience if you're going to turn down a 4mm set screw on the lathe :mrgreen: Sounds like the best solution though.

I agree, wish the upgraded pinion gears had the through hole as well. In the Wraith manual, Axial only lists the currently available upgrade r&p sets. I wonder if there's plans to offer them in a "Wraith" version with the hole?

You've got patience if you're going to turn down a 4mm set screw on the lathe :mrgreen: Sounds like the best solution though.

I agree, wish the upgraded pinion gears had the through hole as well. In the Wraith manual, Axial only lists the currently available upgrade r&p sets. I wonder if there's plans to offer them in a "Wraith" version with the hole?

I see the best idea being to just include that 3mm cross pin in all future R&P's and drill them all. It should work just fine with the old AX10 style shafts too then.

Back