• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

This thread is unbelievable. The new plan and the pics you posted are just way too cool. I saw a similar Jk the other day in a parking lot and spent about ten minutes walking around it staring at all the custom details, all while kicking myself for leaving my phone at home. Just like the girl of my dreams, I'll probably never see her again. Can't wait to see what you two come up with!

Question: Are you using a New bright body or are you going to fit the axles to a larger scale chassis and do a custom body. I haven't seen the wraith axles under a New bright, but they seem a little wide. Then again, have you ever seen this rig?
JK Wrangler test drive - YouTube

This thread is unbelievable. The new plan and the pics you posted are just way too cool. I saw a similar Jk the other day in a parking lot and spent about ten minutes walking around it staring at all the custom details, all while kicking myself for leaving my phone at home. Just like the girl of my dreams, I'll probably never see her again. Can't wait to see what you two come up with!

Question: Are you using a New bright body or are you going to fit the axles to a larger scale chassis and do a custom body. I haven't seen the wraith axles under a New bright, but they seem a little wide. Then again, have you ever seen this rig?
JK Wrangler test drive - YouTube

It will be a New Bright, the tires will stick way out but that's ok on a full buggy. Go take a look at KOH style rigs, that's just how they are.

There is a few seconds of Blue Crush in this one.

Mopar partners with Jeep to bring an exciting line-up of vehicles to Moab - YouTube

I like it, Josh! And I know what you mean... I'm also getting a bit tired of the stock chassis and want to do something different, but I've just got too many irons in the fire already. And I even have two new JKs bodies sitting here! :ror:

Watching that video really make me want to go back to Moab. :cry:

I like it, Josh! And I know what you mean... I'm also getting a bit tired of the stock chassis and want to do something different, but I've just got too many irons in the fire already. And I even have two new JKs bodies sitting here! :ror:

Watching that video really make me want to go back to Moab. :cry:

Irons in the fire.... Tell me about it. The other day my roommate SACCO counted 9 projects of mine that are sitting in my kitchen and living room areas!

The Wraith is just my favorite right now so it gets the attention.

Like where this is going....

just noticed.....you gonna call it the "orange crush" ;-)

Last edited:
Yeah we are usually referring to 5 slot motors from Holmes when when were are talking about sub-20t stuff. Much different then the 12t motor that comes in a slash or something ;-)

Ah got it. see thats why im on here, id have no idea otherwise.

Im running a simple tazer esc (was cheap) an NiMh 5100 dynamite battery and a axial 55 turn. I was going to probably switch it out with my venom 55T modified crawler motor, what would you suggest for a ESC? i have a 2S 25C 6000Mah Lipo i can use. (i like long runs on the trails, would give my brushless slash 45 minutes runtime)

Thanks.

Ah got it. see thats why im on here, id have no idea otherwise.

Im running a simple tazer esc (was cheap) an NiMh 5100 dynamite battery and a axial 55 turn. I was going to probably switch it out with my venom 55T modified crawler motor, what would you suggest for a ESC? i have a 2S 25C 6000Mah Lipo i can use. (i like long runs on the trails, would give my brushless slash 45 minutes runtime)

Thanks.

With 2s and a 55t motor you ESC choices are huge. A Tekin FXR would be great as it is very small and easy to hide. With that 6000 pack you'll get a few hours (or more) of run time.

TEAM Futaba ~ TEAM Vanquish ~ TEAM TCS ~ TEAM * ~ TEAM Holmes Hobbies ~ the DMG ~ Freq E Dezigns ~ Y-Town Crawlers

& U want who to build U another chassis !!
"still no DmG there"
:evil:

Last edited by a moderator:
Love it!

only reason I havent picked up a wrait kit yet, is I know I would never build it stock.. and well we all have to many irons in the fire don't we?

You'd think that would be the easy answer huh?! However there is already multiple "Orange Crush" rigs in the full size world and a couple were copied to RC. So I'll go another route with it.

I hear ya.....

But I have not seen one yet that utilized this for thier fancy thread opener or sKinz...

Attachments

• image_orangecrush1.jpg
    image_orangecrush1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,210
  • g_Cw2f.jpg
    g_Cw2f.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 1,067
Back