• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

I always give new tires a thorough washing to get all the mold release wax off them. Hot soapy water first with a good scrub brush, rinse, then I let them soak in a Simple Green spray down, one more rinse then dry and mount.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314932699.215528.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314932699.215528.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,411
I say throw the Brushless back in, do about 400 donuts at full throttle and 4ws. You'll break the tires in, and entertain the fan club. Solved.8)

Well I finally got the tires all mounted :roll: The SSZ's look so damn good but are twice as hard to mount tires. One gave me a big fight but the other three were pretty easy.

The truck is back to rolling, although it is rolling rough. I noticed it looks like I have 2 or three bent XVD pins now. I can't remember which ones are drill blanks and which were stock. :x

Well I finally got the tires all mounted :roll: The SSZ's look so damn good but are twice as hard to mount tires. One gave me a big fight but the other three were pretty easy.

The truck is back to rolling, although it is rolling rough. I noticed it looks like I have 2 or three bent XVD pins now. I can't remember which ones are drill blanks and which were stock. :x

Can I suggest something Josh. Ace Hardware has Piano wire. I have had nothing but success with them in the teeny. But obviously the Wraith you have has a bit more torque.

I only hope that SDSCustomz gets those 300's soon. Nothing against RC4WD, but I am really surprised that they made them weak in the middles and not as strong as I expected them to be.

BTW, I have a spool and winch line coming to you now that the store is open again"thumbsup"

Can I suggest something Josh. Ace Hardware has Piano wire. I have had nothing but success with them in the teeny. But obviously the Wraith you have has a bit more torque.

I only hope that SDSCustomz gets those 300's soon. Nothing against RC4WD, but I am really surprised that they made them weak in the middles and not as strong as I expected them to be.

BTW, I have a spool and winch line coming to you now that the store is open again"thumbsup"

Definitely going to have to try something different. RC4WD said they are going to do an updated design on them but I am not sure when or what that will entail.

Harley can you post up a stock scx10 wheel w/1.9 ripsaws? With a stock scx10 wheels with 1.9 proline flat irons or 1.9 proline tsls to compare? Are the 1.9s the sticky compound?

As always looking good Harley.. Thanks for the great ideas on parts and tech info..

keep up the great work...

Nice Build, I wanted to make a note about the CVD's from rc4wd. I have broke two pair so far as well as snapping the stock axle shaft off at the ball. I assume this is attributed to wheel weights, turning degrees and power. Since the last time I snapped an axle (about four battery cycles) I have removed all the weight from my Vanquish DH's and turned down the degree of turning ability.

Nice Build, I wanted to make a note about the CVD's from rc4wd. I have broke two pair so far as well as snapping the stock axle shaft off at the ball. I assume this is attributed to wheel weights, turning degrees and power. Since the last time I snapped an axle (about four battery cycles) I have removed all the weight from my Vanquish DH's and turned down the degree of turning ability.

I have yet to break the RC4WD shafts themself, just pins. You have to set your end points properly with whatever setup you are running. That is how most people break their shafts. The stock axles are very stout they just don't allow for much turning before you lose engagement on one side of the pin and then you are going to end up breaking them at the ball like you described.

The other problem is if you are running the stock steering linkage. The flexibility will force the axle beyond it's limits and then you'll break it under power.

We do still need some improved shafts though. :x

Back