• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Lucky me, the stuff from DLUX showed up as well.

04e2cdd7.jpg

Are you able to share links to some of these vendors please? I can't find DLUX even with a Google search "thumbsup"

Hi harley, what do you thing about installing short proline shock an the front and the long ones on the rear? can this configuration due some problems on runnig?

PS. thanks for your unique source on wraith mod!!!

Hi harley, what do you thing about installing short proline shock an the front and the long ones on the rear? can this configuration due some problems on runnig?

PS. thanks for your unique source on wraith mod!!!

If you already had a full set then you could definitely make it work. However for me, most of my weight is in the front (moved my battery up there). So I would probably run the longer shocks up front and play with the springs to level the ride height.

I prefer to have more flex in the front for crawling so that would likely be a good setup still.

my tie rod and drag link was the same way and i had to space them some,they opened and measured more and we compared the sizes

If you already had a full set then you could definitely make it work. However for me, most of my weight is in the front (moved my battery up there). So I would probably run the longer shocks up front and play with the springs to level the ride height.

I prefer to have more flex in the front for crawling so that would likely be a good setup still.

mmm...long shock on the front and short on the rear....this can be a different idea for a new shock setup.
also in mine the battery is moved on the front, just at the end of interiors, i have not control the weight difference between rear and front, but it can be a nice idea....
what do you think about a 3/4 droop set up taking off the short spring from the shock?

mmm...long shock on the front and short on the rear....this can be a different idea for a new shock setup.
also in mine the battery is moved on the front, just at the end of interiors, i have not control the weight difference between rear and front, but it can be a nice idea....
what do you think about a 3/4 droop set up taking off the short spring from the shock?

I think you should keep both springs on and just play with the rates. A little bit of sag at rest would be good, just enough to even out the ride height with the shorter rears. I don't like too much droop because it starts to unload funny and feels less controlled.

Although when the sway bars from Axial come out so much of our setups could change!

yeah! i love the droop setup on my crawler but, yes, perhaps on wraith can be the wrong choice.

changing the shock set up is not so difficult, i think it can be done better on field, i will check!

hope axial hopup will came shortly on market!!!

I beat on this rig HARD yesterday while testing the XVD's at the NSCA comp. I was running through large rocks and rip rap which people who have been around while know how hard that is on a truck.

After about a pack of running I finally had a failure, but it was only a spur gear. So far I haven't had a crucial failure on the XVD's, bit have had a couple of bent pins. I have since replaced the pins with drill bit shafts.

I beat on this rig HARD yesterday while testing the XVD's at the NSCA comp. I was running through large rocks and rip rap which people who have been around while know how hard that is on a truck.

After about a pack of running I finally had a failure, but it was only a spur gear. So far I haven't had a crucial failure on the XVD's, bit have had a couple of bent pins. I have since replaced the pins with drill bit shafts.

Are the pin just standard that come with?

What size drill bit did you use?

Just read your build list and HOLY S%*T lol lol, gonna need to start sending pm's out haha.

Back