• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

Something to watch while I'm outside beating on this truck.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YTiJ3RFBWSY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

STOCK STEERING

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6S2qJ-EJJoM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Well my battery died sooner than I thought, guess I didn't quite have a full charge :ror: The shocks did great, the ride has smoothed way out. I would say the springs they come with are fantastic for speed and crawling both. If you wanted a 100% dedicated crawler then I would get a softer lower spring.

The XVD's have given me a lot more steering. You can compare the two videos above to see that.

I am going to order some 4s packs tonight I think.

Josh, sent you a P.M. need some honest good advice from someone with a little more experiance in this area.

Just noticed you are using the Slash front shocks. I am using the rears.

I asked Rodney what he was running on his before I ordered mine, and he said he was running rears. Remembering how low his sat, and looking at mine, I think he actually has the fronts. Mine is sitting higher.

I asked Rodney what he was running on his before I ordered mine, and he said he was running rears. Remembering how low his sat, and looking at mine, I think he actually has the fronts. Mine is sitting higher.

Do you have your mounts flipped?

Every update on this build is amazing. The in home vids are killer...I feel like I'm testing my new wraith that I don't have! My credit card just tapped me on the shoulder and said: "Let me know when it's go time". I told my credit card: "Sit there with your friends and I'll let you know when Harley has it all figured out"

I'll have to measure my ride height, mine is pretty low for sure.

Every update on this build is amazing. The in home vids are killer...I feel like I'm testing my new wraith that I don't have! My credit card just tapped me on the shoulder and said: "Let me know when it's go time". I told my credit card: "Sit there with your friends and I'll let you know when Harley has it all figured out"

Don't wait for me to finish, you'll never get to start! :ror:

Rodney said his were 3.5" shocks and he thought they were rears, if they were 3.5" they were the fronts cause the rears are over 4". Judging by how low his was I'd say he was definitely running fronts.

Rodney said his were 3.5" shocks and he thought they were rears, if they were 3.5" they were the fronts cause the rears are over 4". Judging by how low his was I'd say he was definitely running fronts.

With these 3.5" shocks the stroke is pretty short. My flex is probably about 4". I may be able to free up a little more if I need it but at this point I am guessing it will do really well on the trails at speed. If I was going 100% crawler then the longer shocks may not be a bad choice.

Hey Josh, got a question for you. I received my Vanquish goodies in the mail yesterday for my Wraith. But my tie rod was too short giving me WAY too much toe in (pic below doesn't do it justice). It looks like it's going to take nearly a 1/4" worth of spacers to get it the right length. Did you encounter anything like this or did I get a fluke? FYI, it was installed with new VP c's and knuckles, too.
IMG2330-M.jpg

Definitely just a fluke. Mine bolted right up. Shoot Jenee an email and I'm sure she'll fix you up.

I figured as much. Everything I've gotten from Vanquish has been top notch except for this one time. Do you know Jenee's screen name? I just know of Tom's. :)

Mine are definitely the rears but I used a some different springs to lower the ride height.

Back