• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

The new steering angle with the XVD's does look good :twisted:

fc217a8a.jpg

Do the rc4wd cvds actually increase the steering angle over stock? I would think the knuckles and links hitting the pumpkin would determine the steering angle? The angle in the pics looks great (by scaler standards). If you have any insights...Post up. "thumbsup"

Do the rc4wd cvds actually increase the steering angle over stock? I would think the knuckles and links hitting the pumpkin would determine the steering angle? The angle in the pics looks great (by scaler standards). If you have any insights...Post up. "thumbsup"

The problem is that the stock dog bones don't stay engaged at full lock therefore the EPA's need to be turned down.

Well after almost completely tearing the car down tonight it is all back together. Several hours of wrenching and a couple hundred bucks in new parts and I'm on to a whole new phase.

I didn't get a chance to run the new XVD's yet but they are installed and seem to be MUCH smoother than the stock dog bones. Tomorrow is going to be 105 degrees here without the heat index so I'm guessing I won't be doing a shake down tomorrow :roll:

b467ffe7.jpg

Your toes nails look good in that color :lmao::lmao:"thumbsup"
Rig is looking sweet a$$ :mrgreen:

Worked like magic. Sure which I had this trick when I had all of my old AE stuff.

when i bake the ca off my tires i preheat the oven to 350 or so, then turn it off when hot and then put the tires in. that way you can forget about them and not burn your house down.

one thing to make sure of, is that your wheels are vented before baking. ive ruined tires before due to the air inside expanding and stretching out the tires.

when i bake the ca off my tires i preheat the oven to 350 or so, then turn it off when hot and then put the tires in. that way you can forget about them and not burn your house down.

one thing to make sure of, is that your wheels are vented before baking. ive ruined tires before due to the air inside expanding and stretching out the tires.

You'd have to have some pretty severe A.D.D. to forget about some tires in the oven :shock:

The stock Wraith wheels come stock vented, but a useful time on other vehicles maybe.

Well since I removed the dig unit I am now adding dual winches to this rig.

So I grabbed two new Futaba S9157 servos out of the stockpile and got ready to go to town!

I didn't have much time to do anything tonight so I decided to just get the servos converted for now. I will likely need to order they Heyok controllers but for now I will be going a different direction and they won't be needed yet. I will be killing the power to the servos with a 3 position switch on the rig so there really won't be a chance to drift (in theory).

I used Norm's thread on converting a winch to get me started as I haven't converted a servo in YEARS.

Starting point
5797ed98.jpg

The innards.
9335ec79.jpg

Pop the bearing off the bottom of the main gear
b336f245.jpg

Remove the plastic piece that keys into the potentiometer.
ce2a0480.jpg

Plug the servo in to your radio gear with everything powered up and turn that little brass piece until the servo stops spinning. Then I added some CA glue to hold it in place.
47adf3c3.jpg

Just reassemble and your done. Pretty freaking easy 8)

Dammit Josh, whats up with you painting your toenails again? I thought we talked about this,lol
b467ffe7.jpg

BTW, using the Heyok hack is really the best way to convert a winch. I have his new High voltage ones and they are awesome. and for the record, Its Grizz's How too on the conversion."thumbsup"

Yeah I figure I'll have to grab them sooner than later. Just another damn thing to buy :ror:

Shoot me your addy and when I get home Ill send ya one of his. I only have one left. I need it anyways for your other thing your testing for me.

you'd have to have some pretty severe a.d.d. To forget about some tires in the oven :shock:

The stock wraith wheels come stock vented, but a useful time on other vehicles maybe.

show badhoopty some respect!!

Back