• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

So I just picked up two sets of these Powerstroke front shocks for the Traxxas Slash. Should be a good looks and performance gain.

I put a set of those on my wraith the other day, SUPER nice shocks. Haven't got to drive it yet as I have a locker that needs replaced, but I did drive Rodneys with these shocks on it.

I flipped my shock/link mounts on the axles, and installed the shocks with the springs they are shipped with. I put 35wt oil in the rear and 25 in the front. For the top mounts on the shocks I just used the ones Proline sells.

These shocks are a little bigger diameter than the shock axial shocks too.

Here:

http://prolineracing.com/performance-parts/powerstroke-sc-universal-shock-mounting-hardware-kit/

Did the larger diameter interfere with anything? With the new chassis pieces Jerry made, my shock mounts are now up above the shocks in a way (hard to explain). I have the d'lux spacers on the way as well so I am sure some combination of things will smooth everything out.

Mine are not hitting on anything. In the front I used the proline balls and the stock little plastic spacers. In the rear I used the proline balls and some little purple HPI spacers, maybe 5mm.

The new shocks just showed up. Super fast shipping.

6b90025d.jpg

Josh

Im sure you do know Pro-line makes spring sets. lighter than these stocks might be better. ;-)

Back