• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Harley's Axial Wraith Build - Jimmy's 4x4 Ultra 4 KOH Style

those pic's are bad your wraith looks great as always.

lol, actually the new dice is smaller and more scale
"thumbsup"

Harley did do a great job with this one. I really love the Orange. Its what inspired me to do my MSD Ultimate Adventure Honcho. I love da Orange.

Now if I can get josh to send me his addy so I can send him some other team3six essential bling that rig needs.

I like the size of these dice for this rig, they seem about right. I'll try and shoot you a PM here soon Norm.

Question for ya Harley, I want to try your wheel cooking method for taking tires off the rims. It's 95 degrees here 79% Humidity so I don't want to open the windows. How BAD does it smell when doing this.:shock:

Question for ya Harley, I want to try your wheel cooking method for taking tires off the rims. It's 95 degrees here 79% Humidity so I don't want to open the windows. How BAD does it smell when doing this.:shock:

Are you single? :ror:

It really wasn't that bad. I did it in my apartment and didn't have to open the windows or anything. Just turned the vent hood on the microwave.

Holy S---! Did those stink. I used a toaster oven in the garage. 2-3 min a side at 360. Soon as they started to smoke pulled them out and that was that. Got a second set of wraith wheels mounted with tires coming thanks to Bone Collector. Those will go back on the wraith. Mounted the ripsaws on axial beadlocks then put them on my honcho. "thumbsup" Thanks

picture.php

picture.php

They don't rub at all if anyone was wondering just had to trim the front bumper.

Nice work on the Bronco! The ripsaws look sweet! As with all cooking instructions...toaster oven prep isn't recommended!!!! Hopefully you still have a chickadee! :lmao:

Sounds like the toaster oven was fast, glad it worked out. I'd do a test run on that oven before letting the old lady toast her next bagel :lol:

Fast yes, Stink free no. The T oven still looks like new, and doesn't smell either. Thanks for the idea on how to remove tires from rims."thumbsup"

Did I miss the picture showing where you mounted your battery? I've got everything in for rear steer and am trying to figure out where to put everything.

Did I miss the picture showing where you mounted your battery? I've got everything in for rear steer and am trying to figure out where to put everything.

Depends on what battery I run. I can run a hardcase LiPo sideways just in front of the "firewall". When I am running one of my smaller packs I just put it where I used to have the electronics.

I'll get some pic tonight.

I have some other soon to be released parts that should be here any day. Time for some real bling! 8)

Depends on what battery I run. I can run a hardcase LiPo sideways just in front of the "firewall". When I am running one of my smaller packs I just put it where I used to have the electronics.

I'll get some pic tonight.

I have some other soon to be released parts that should be here any day. Time for some real bling! 8)

All I have is NiMH stick packs for now so I'm thinking I might just run the existing battery tray tilted forward so the servo will clear. That's how I have it mocked up now and it seems to work. Might even fab up an aluminum tray and try to tie it into the frame in a few spots to stiffen it back up.

I know it's not ideal for Weight and Balance but until I bite the bullet and order some LiPo packs I think it will work.

They really need to bring a hobby shop and a hardware store here so I don't have to wait so long for parts. ;-)

All I have is NiMH stick packs for now so I'm thinking I might just run the existing battery tray tilted forward so the servo will clear. That's how I have it mocked up now and it seems to work. Might even fab up an aluminum tray and try to tie it into the frame in a few spots to stiffen it back up.

I know it's not ideal for Weight and Balance but until I bite the bullet and order some LiPo packs I think it will work.

They really need to bring a hobby shop and a hardware store here so I don't have to wait so long for parts. ;-)

I would make the LiPo your next upgrade without a doubt. Ditch the NiMH ASAP. There is nothing you can do that will be a better upgrade then that.

I would make the LiPo your next upgrade without a doubt. Ditch the NiMH ASAP. There is nothing you can do that will be a better upgrade then that.

A lot of the guys have been ordering Traxxas RTR's so I think I can actually make a profit selling off my NiMH batteries and charger. :ror: Very few of them have the patience to wait the 24 or however many hours it takes to charge batteries with the junk charger they come with.

I should have just listened to everyone and ordered LiPO from the get-go but I already had the charger and some batteries on the way.

Any suggestions for some budget minded batteries and a good charger? I've read all the stickies but it seems most of the battery related ones are a few years old.

Although I'm still not sure why there is all the hate for NiMH, I've ran my buddies 5600mah ProTek supreme power 65C and I didn't really notice a difference except it was a little less top heavy. Although I'm thinking that particular battery was probably extreme overkill for a stock Wraith.

Last edited:
I suggest 3s and then just measure the area you want to put it in. Hobbypartz has the dimensions of all the batteries they sell listed. I'd just get as large as you can fit if you are just out having fun.

Remember that if you go 3s you need a BEC. With your 4WS you will be required to run at least one anyway though.

Back